• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Went flying for the first time in over 2 weeks on Monday. Needless to say I was a little rusty but, that all went away by the end of the day :)

MIII4098.jpg MIII4108.jpg MIII4112.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Finally got out Memorial day and Maiden my Pilot 26% Extra 330sc that I had converted (from electric) back to a gasser with a 10 year old DL 50 on a cheap China can. Now I did do some work on the engine (upper end brg, front brg, ring, drive hub, shaft adaptor, carb rebuild. hall sensor) but boy does it SCREAM this plane!:on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go::on_the_go:

At 15.25 pounds and scorching a 22 x 8 Mejzlik @ 7400 on the ground I think this bird is gonna be a whole lot a fun as long as I don't let the "gravity storm" play "head games" :lol2: . Accelerated so fast in a vertical blew my canopy off!!!:cautious: . Did not do anything but get the "feel" of it and I must say it fly's awesome. The larger swept forward landing gear and 3.5 inch wheels improved rolling out and landings significantly over the flimsy stuff supplied. The wheels you see sporting on my rock star in the pic are the ones that came with this plane. Last picture is the plane as a 12s @ 16.75 pounds about a year ago (last time I flew). Got a little canopy repair to do in the work shop!
0529171448-00.jpg
0529171448-01.jpg
1224161427-00.jpg

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Tomorrow my club is sponsoring drone races in an adjacent area. I've been picked to help with a trainer, if anybody wants to try to fly. On Sunday it's flight demos Imac, 3D and Freestyle. Some of the Air Force guys i work with and Local Firefighters are to compete in shooting foamies with paint ball guns. Should be a good time.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made it to the field for the first time after getting back from JoeNall. Well the grass was so long you could hide a plane in it it was at least 10 long in spots. So had to mow the field well that took forever before the flying started. Got it done but had problems flying because of all the cut grass but all that counts is that I got a few flights in and that was great.

BalsaDust

IMG_0362.JPG

Had a good day at the field with the sukhoi and hanging out with @IFLYJR. He had is 112cc hangar 9 extra with him. This was the first time I can remember that I only brought one plane with me. Put almost a gallon of fuel her and was having a blast despite to 12-15mph winds. I have needed to do this with this plane though as I now can start seeing where I need to trim it out a bit.
45 degree inverted CG test shows plane being nose heavy but all around it feels more tail heavy when flying. Think I'm gonna add a washer to the top motor mounts to give it a touch more down thrust and try again. Also still need to install the header and canister but that will be another day.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went to the field yesterday with my flying buddy to finish up the mowing and recut the grass again trying to get rid of all the lumps off cut grass . Still not all done we had enough and we wanted to fly we had both brought 2 very old glow planes because of the weather it was blowing 40 mph and gusting up to 50 mph. And we were both determined to fly. To say least it was exciting we both managed to get in 3 flights and did not break anything which we both did not believe. We could take of in 3 ft and land vertical it was hoot. At times we were struggling to back to the field and in the other direction we were doing 100 mph plus. Sure is different when you fly old stuff in extreme weather and we both enjoyed it.