• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got another solid flight in last night. Maybe one of these evenings I'll practice something new.

10304781_10205239933144810_907970501153575019_n.jpg

Landing gear works awesome now that I've fine tuned it :big dance:

thurmma

150cc
stangflyer;16303 wrote:
attachment.php
Dang thurmma, this is simply an amazing shot.:nodding-yes-by-a-ve

Thank you. I normally take all the pictures at our club, but my daughter has taken a liking to my 5D MarkIII and does an amazing job. Plus she is a little more creative than I am :)

thurmma

150cc
stangflyer;16071 wrote: That's awesome! The 150cc size would have been my choice, except I had my SD 260 with my 157CS up front and was gearing up to get this Sukhoi. But the 87" flies pretty crisp and just like it's big brother, (Yours) it is unlimited vertical and hover just under 1/4 throttle on the DLE 55 and canister. I really don't think there is anything it "won't" do. Although it is just about the sexiest plane on the ground, I really do not like the color in the sky when you get it out there a bit. Purple turns to black and black...well, just a dot. Guess I will just keep it close huh? LOL

I have the same problem as the sun starts to set. The whole plane turns black REAL FAST! The night we took these pictures we had a lot of natural lighting so my daughter was able to get the pictures with the moon in the background before I had to land :) The bigger plane isn't quite as nimble as the smaller one, but it flies like a kite.

thurmma

150cc
We didn't have 74, but we did fly on New Years day this year :) Last year I flew on New Years day and had to de-ice my plane when I got done and then it started snowing :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
thurmma;16810 wrote: We didn't have 74, but we did fly on New Years day this year :) Last year I flew on New Years day and had to de-ice my plane when I got done and then it started snowing :)

Yes they do turn black. So I just "Huck" right in front of me. LOL. As for nimble? Ah heck...I would take the floaty-kite kind of plane any day over the smaller "twitchy" planes any day. Now as for your de-icing on your plane? Oh man....I feel a Meme coming on. LOL.... good to get your posts. LOVE THAT PLANE. Your daughter is quite the photographer by the way.:nodding-yes-by-a-ve

mac26r

50cc
The plan was to go flying today, even talked to a couple other guys and arranged it. We'll all blow off work early and take advantage to the sunshine...

It's my fault, I had to post about flying in the wind the other day. Had to brag that I wasn't scared...

Mother nature must be a member of GSN because she was listening and bitch slapped my plans today.:msn-slapping:

Just a light breeze blowing around 30 gusting to 45 at the field. From the opposite direction we normally fly no less!

So, in case she's listening... We may or may not be thinking about trying again tomorrow or some other day or maybe not. I'm not sure (but I'm definitely going to try tomorrow so get the afternoon off Jeff!) ;)

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
mac26r;16935 wrote: The plan was to go flying today, even talked to a couple other guys and arranged it. We'll all blow off work early and take advantage to the sunshine...

It's my fault, I had to post about flying in the wind the other day. Had to brag that I wasn't scared...

Mother nature must be a member of GSN because she was listening and bitch slapped my plans today.:msn-slapping:

Just a light breeze blowing around 30 gusting to 45 at the field. From the opposite direction we normally fly no less!

So, in case she's listening... We may or may not be thinking about trying again tomorrow or some other day or maybe not. I'm not sure (but I'm definitely going to try tomorrow so get the afternoon off Jeff!) ;)

HAHA! I was within a mile of the field and just drove on by because I KNEW with that wind, there would be nobody there!

I can't believe you passed on an opportunity to practice reverse-windy flying! LOL

Regards,

Astro

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We may or may not be thinking about trying again tomorrow or some other day or maybe not. I'm not sure (but I'm definitely going to try tomorrow so get the afternoon off Jeff!) ;)

May or may not...some other day or maybe not....I'm not sure. Hee hee....I like that. LOL

mac26r

50cc
I'm not sure my planes would come back down with the wind blowing 40! I would just have to wait for the batteries to die!