• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

aerocowboy82

Holy Sh!t!!!
I was at the field one day watching a club member try that. He never did get it to restart, but it was awesome to watch, and to hear. An Aeroworks 100cc Extra 300 makes all kinds of noise diving from a ridiculous height with the motor off and no other planes running.:yesss:

My 25% Hempel Cub had as nice whistle/whooshing sound when I dive after killing the engine from really high up.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Forgot how beautiful SD can be! Thanks for the reminder. Looks like you guys had about the same weather we had yesterday evening here in the sandhills of NC. We had the same moon framing our runway as we flew with a lowering sun at our backs.:big-grin:

Yea, the moon was HUGE and looked really cool, but the GoPro turned it into a spec, kinda bummed about that. Will be much more attractive after we get a shower and it starts to green up a bit. We have a couple of Bald Eagles that nest along the river so we've been seeing them pretty frequently and it's not uncommon to pull in and have to chase the Turkey's and Deer off the runway.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, the moon was HUGE and looked really cool, but the GoPro turned it into a spec, kinda bummed about that. Will be much more attractive after we get a shower and it starts to green up a bit. We have a couple of Bald Eagles that nest along the river so we've been seeing them pretty frequently and it's not uncommon to pull in and have to chase the Turkey's and Deer off the runway.
Don't let PETA hear that they'll have you closed down in no time.;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I had a vegan try to argue with me the other day about how eating meat was wrong and instead of me going to the store and buying a freaking great steak that I should instead just eat my 7 animals. Last I checked, dogs or mini horses didn't produce steak?

I asked why he didn't eat his grass or his palm trees since it's the same as buying green junk from the store.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I always wanted to know one thing, just what planet are Vegans from anyway?;)

As for PETA, my brother has been involved with showing German Shepherds for over 30 years. He was at a show once in a downtown area where some PETA fanatics broke into peoples vans and released their dogs. At least one dog was struck by a car, and the PETA response was the dog was better off dead than as a show dog.