• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A monster it is :) Turns the Falcon 28x9 cf at 6510 on the ground! It took about 7 flights to finally get the needles set, but the last flight was awesome! That engine is one heck of a beast and the idle is beautiful!

Now to sell the standard 106 with a new carb, aluminum carb and reed blocks. I am going to make a test stand and get everything running before I sell it. Have an IMAC contest in Oklahoma this weekend so it will probably be next week before I get around to getting the engine back together and running. Oh it also has an rcxcell ignition on it.
That's awesome. Would love to have that TOC. Hey, wanna trade it for a four banger? Lol

Had a great time hanging out with @Yak Attack and @Tim Sutton at Friendly Flyers in Jersey, GA today.

We spent the afternoon trying to figure out how @Yak Attack does his Jersey U-Turns...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438219002.071341.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438219019.569568.jpg

BJ Swope

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
GOt out tonight for some flights on my Sukhoi, kinda a remaiden, as I switched over to the Aurora 9x. Last I flew her, she started, popping, and carrying on, so I ran her on ground, did all my checks, leaned her a bit, and off I went, she started popping again, so I landed. Turns out opti was cutting in and out, so we disconnected it, and went back to flying. 3 good heat cycle flights on the 85, and she is just a smooth flying machine. I really like, she's more tame than I expected, so I bumped up all my rates, for last flight, starting to REALLY like this plane. I can't wait to get her back out Sun. @mulehead1969 had a BIG night tonight, as he landed his first 50ccer, CONGRATS man, he liked it so much, he got him some more, and nailed the landing on 2nd flight also. WTG man. @emtp275 was there also, but he couldn't hang with mine, and Warren's AWESOMENESS tonight.

Attachments

• DSCF4557.JPG
    DSCF4557.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF4558.JPG
    DSCF4558.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF4565.JPG
    DSCF4565.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF4567.JPG
    DSCF4567.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF4579.JPG
    DSCF4579.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF4587.JPG
    DSCF4587.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF4592.JPG
    DSCF4592.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF4600.JPG
    DSCF4600.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 215
GOt out tonight for some flights on my Sukhoi, kinda a remaiden, as I switched over to the Aurora 9x. Last I flew her, she started, popping, and carrying on, so I ran her on ground, did all my checks, leaned her a bit, and off I went, she started popping again, so I landed. Turns out opti was cutting in and out, so we disconnected it, and went back to flying. 3 good heat cycle flights on the 85, and she is just a smooth flying machine. I really like, she's more tame than I expected, so I bumped up all my rates, for last flight, starting to REALLY like this plane. I can't wait to get her back out Sun. @mulehead1969 had a BIG night tonight, as he landed his first 50ccer, CONGRATS man, he liked it so much, he got him some more, and nailed the landing on 2nd flight also. WTG man. @emtp275 was there also, but he couldn't hang with mine, and Warren's AWESOMENESS tonight.
Congrats @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969! Wish I could have been there but that 4 letter word called work got in the way:mad:.

emtp275

100cc
LOL make fun if you want there is a rut in us mortals when we trash two in a day.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Had a great time hanging out with @Yak Attack and @Tim Sutton at Friendly Flyers in Jersey, GA today.

We spent the afternoon trying to figure out how @Yak Attack does his Jersey U-Turns...

View attachment 33010View attachment 33011

BJ Swope
Ok, I'll bite. What is a Jersey U-Turn?
Total awesomeness Donnie. I am so glad you kept her. That Sukhoi is one bad ass looking plane. I wonder, one day wouldn't it be superb to huck yours and mine side by side? Oh yeah...that's what I am talking about. Just out of curiousity...what Opti are you using @ChickenBalls?