• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Did some shenanigans with the 107" Yak and the 70" Slick yesterday. Love these airplanes.

Attachments

• 2015-10-19 08.30.29.jpg
    2015-10-19 08.30.29.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 196

garlandk

100cc
Its really sad the autopilot can almost make better landings than me now.... Its been a long project but I about got her dialed in on Auto Landings. I added a Lidar to it so the autopilot uses the Lidar to judge when to Flare besides using Baro Altitude.

lxcoupe

30cc
I see Jeff playing helicopter chase plane duty.

Wow Kevin, that is really good. Is the laser similar to what we used to use? Is it available off of the shelf?

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Its really sad the autopilot can almost make better landings than me now.... Its been a long project but I about got her dialed in on Auto Landings. I added a Lidar to it so the autopilot uses the Lidar to judge when to Flare besides using Baro Altitude.

How does it fly the advanced IMAC sequence? [emoji1]

garlandk

100cc
How does it fly the advanced IMAC sequence? [emoji1]
There is an aerobatic mode on this autopilot. :) I should see what I could do! ha ha!!!

Seriously I have always wanted to put one of these in a giant scale plane, but these autopilots hate vibration and noise. Maybe if I ever get a hold of a cheap 30cc plane I might try it on there and get some good soft mounts for the autopilot and engine.

garlandk

100cc
I see Jeff playing helicopter chase plane duty.

Wow Kevin, that is really good. Is the laser similar to what we used to use? Is it available off of the shelf?
Search Lidar Lite 2. Around $114. Works very similar. Probably not as good what we used, but for our market it gets the job done. I have the baro and lidar altitude displayed on my computer while flying and its cool watching both of them come down. You can tell the lidar is more accurate than the baro altitude.