• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I had great success with Futaba as long as I kept it all Futaba. When I decided to use blue bird servos Futaba worked great until these new H50B servos showed up and the Futaba gear did not like em. Spektrum however liked em and they worked perfectly. Now these Blue Bird servos are very power hungry and I am thinking I may have browned the receiver. Thing is I just got done with some hard g tumbles and was heading on my down leg for landing at part throttle so no high servo load was being seen by the radio when the gravity storm struck. I am leaning towards "reception". I also wonder if I had the IBEC mounted too close to the Rx? But I have flown it 4 times with no issues. The only thing different this time out is that I made a really long scale like down leg to final. When I turned to the right for final it just stayed with the ailerons locked, slight up elevator and a tad of left rudder. It gently spiraled downward. At about 10 feet from terra firma I saw the nose amazingly pop up as if it was in a hover! So I gunned the throttle but had no response. I hit the kill switch and just let the sticks go to neutral as it flipped over on its back then hit the ground nose in first wings level.

Thanks Doug.

In your pile of rubble pic, I can't tell if you had a remote receiver plugged into the AR8000 or not? Just curious.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to see that it was a good looking plane and you were just getting on to it. Have to agree with you I much rather put them in because I did something stupid than stand there with no control and looking at the plane flying it's self. As you said do not know what to trust and what to do. Well I went through the same thing early spring so I built a small 46 size plane, ugly thing but it works stuck everything in it from the smashed plane and tested it for 10 flights And flew it like I stole it then I was satisfied that everything was ok, but I mean flight really hard.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
In your pile of rubble pic, I can't tell if you had a remote receiver plugged into the AR8000 or not? Just curious.

Yes it had the remote. It detached when it broke in half. Remote was mounted to back of pipe tunnel.

0718170242-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sorry to see that it was a good looking plane and you were just getting on to it. Have to agree with you I much rather put them in because I did something stupid than stand there with no control and looking at the plane flying it's self. As you said do not know what to trust and what to do. Well I went through the same thing early spring so I built a small 46 size plane, ugly thing but it works stuck everything in it from the smashed plane and tested it for 10 flights And flew it like I stole it then I was satisfied that everything was ok, but I mean flight really hard.

Back when I had a lot of planes that is exactly what I did but with the ol' trainer air frame. If I bought a new Rx it went in the trainer first for "proving"