• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Flew all weekend at the Rolla MO Big Bird event. Had a great time with great people and great food to boot. Thanks to everyone that helped make this event a success and to all the pilots that attended. Hope to see you all again next year.

image.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
6c62a974cbbbf4d8f3c7e421ddc46352.jpg
5cae09866860799a45877a47e8918456.jpg

Flown for the first time in a while!!

The new walbro carb from vvrc with the red aluminum diaphragm plate (been through two DLE carbs) on my 35RA took care of my un tunable mid range burble and me having to run a line to a film canister. Only a very slight burble during a high g maneuver but recovers very quickly. Very happy!!

Flew the carbon cub. Had to retune it after my fuel tank clunk issue. Had a pretty cruddy mid range too. Plane flys pretty scale, very responsive. Still not a 100% good feeling when I fly this plane, scared the engine will die on me.

Feeling pretty locked in with the 60" extra, CG is needs to further back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmyers

70cc twin V2
It's been cloudy and rainy here for the last week. I made it out this morning for some practice before the ceiling and the temperature dropped. Last Thursday was so bad I offered a "sacrifice" to the Balsa gods for better weather. :devil-dance:

IMG_20170928_120527_114.jpg IMG_20170928_120743_488.jpg