• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Maidened the Ryan STA! It has plenty of power. It also doesn’t slow down very quickly. I ended up killing the throttle before doing the final turn at around 30 feet off the ground and still had plenty of energy to float across half the runway!

I have before and after pics... I have a little covering fixing to do... the white started peeling back about 20 seconds into the first of 3 flights...
912384ac8f6d1727179b681f218354e5.heic
024ff23d7a0537ec2629c168a8707992.heic

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Maidened the Ryan STA! It has plenty of power. It also doesn’t slow down very quickly. I ended up killing the throttle before doing the final turn at around 30 feet off the ground and still had plenty of energy to float across half the runway!

I have before and after pics... I have a little covering fixing to do... the white started peeling back about 20 seconds into the first of 3 flights...
912384ac8f6d1727179b681f218354e5.heic
024ff23d7a0537ec2629c168a8707992.heic
I know how you feel try some of the older planes like the Ultrsport that plane will fly by you all day.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I took my Mig 21 out this morning. It was Deja Vu. I managed to remove the right main again catching some rough grass on the edge of the Geotex runway.

This time I'm trying Gorilla glue.

View attachment 99186
Man it is hard enough to keep landing gear in on a built up wing it must be almost impossible to with foam. That will be a full nights work to get that retract back into working operation.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I took my Mig 21 out this morning. It was Deja Vu. I managed to remove the right main again catching some rough grass on the edge of the Geotex runway.

This time I'm trying Gorilla glue.

View attachment 99186
Gorilla Glue works pretty well on foam. If that don't hold it nothing will. Just make sure you weigh it down with something or clamp it somehow. Or else expanding glue will push it out of position. Plus it will force the glue to expand into the voids in the foam making it even stronger.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I took Miss Moana to the field today, unfortunately I didn't get to fly it. The last time I had it out it flooded when trying to start it the first time. After changing the plug it ran absolutely beautifully.

Today, while choking it for the first start, it started and ran way longer than normal with the choke on. We did get it started with the choke off, but it was horribly rich and it took a lot of nursing to get it to clean out and run wide open. When I brought it back to an idle it went dead rich and would barely run again and finally died and was so flooded it wouldn't restart.

All and all it was a lousy weekend at the Flying field.

20171001_165249_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I took Miss Moana to the field today, unfortunately I didn't get to fly it. The last time I had it out it flooded when trying to start it the first time. After changing the plug it ran absolutely beautifully.

Today, while choking it for the first start, it started and ran way longer than normal with the choke on. We did get it started with the choke off, but it was horribly rich and it took a lot of nursing to get it to clean out and run wide open. When I brought it back to an idle it went dead rich and would barely run again and finally died and was so flooded it wouldn't restart.

All and all it was a lousy weekend at the Flying field.

View attachment 99200

Damn the luck. Sorry you couldn't get some laps in.