• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well.......I thought nice weather was finally getting here but yet another "SharkNado" wants to come my way :face-palm: (TD16 slated to be at least a cat 1 by Saturday).

Going up tomorrow because the weekend is NOT looking so good :concern:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The weather guessers (meteorologists) missed it again today, the forecasted 7 mph wind for this morning was actually 17. Most of the Sunday diehards were there anyway, though I think we did more jaw flapping than flying.
I did get one flight on Miss Moana. I need to lean it out a tad, but it ran awesome other than being a bit rich on the top end.

20171008_100745_resized.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
1043ceaf2559a8c1b62baec54ff4595b.jpg

The flip side of switching from days to nights is a 24hr period off which directly equated to more flying time!! Got 6 flights in, 5 of which were on the laser!! That means about 1.3 hours of in air time. In a 2hr window before work! Laser has excellent precision, doesn't flop around like my slick does when it's slow, but a very comfortable flying platform. Need to teach it how to do some high energy moves with the rudder, guessing it's because the fuselage is so tall it's a very effective air brake during high energy flops.

Anybody have a good source for teflon tubes of various sizes for an exhaust extension for my jtec Pitts on the DA35? And ways to keep them on? I would love to see it a couple inches longer especially if I want to try smokin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey @AKNick what part of Alaska are you in. A guy who was flying with me just moved to Alaska with his wife and kids (wife got relocated there Military). He ha pretty good 3D pilot and fun to hang out with.
Juneau - Most military guys go to Anchorage, which is a four hour ferry boat ride to Haines and a 750 mile drive from here! LOL - no roads in or out of Juneau, only escape is boat or plane.
I could use more 3D pilot buddies here!! I am the only one here frolicking the ground with my rudder!

BalsaDust

Lol ok. I can't remember exactly what part he is in but I know there is a club close to him that has a bunch of 3D pilots.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
There are some sweet fields up in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Without a doubt I am the only 3D guy at my club, only one other guy can hover so I doubt it is here! LOL