Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by GSNadmin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Well.......I thought nice weather was finally getting here but yet another "SharkNado" wants to come my way :face-palm: (TD16 slated to be at least a cat 1 by Saturday).

Going up tomorrow because the weekend is NOT looking so good :concern:.

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

The weather guessers (meteorologists) missed it again today, the forecasted 7 mph wind for this morning was actually 17. Most of the Sunday diehards were there anyway, though I think we did more jaw flapping than flying.
    I did get one flight on Miss Moana. I need to lean it out a tad, but it ran awesome other than being a bit rich on the top end.

20171008_100745_resized.jpg

3. The weather people here were very wrong too... I ended up only getting one flight each in before 15 gust 20 kts of direct crosswind came to stay.[​IMG]

4. rmyers

rmyers 70cc twin V2

Southern Colorado Aerobatic Shootout over the weekend. Saturday was almost a blowout but Sunday was cool. :cheers:

IMG_20171007_090707_117.jpg

IMG_20171008_122844_026.jpg

stangflyer, thurmma, 49dimes and 4 others like this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    [​IMG]

The flip side of switching from days to nights is a 24hr period off which directly equated to more flying time!! Got 6 flights in, 5 of which were on the laser!! That means about 1.3 hours of in air time. In a 2hr window before work! Laser has excellent precision, doesn't flop around like my slick does when it's slow, but a very comfortable flying platform. Need to teach it how to do some high energy moves with the rudder, guessing it's because the fuselage is so tall it's a very effective air brake during high energy flops.

Anybody have a good source for teflon tubes of various sizes for an exhaust extension for my jtec Pitts on the DA35? And ways to keep them on? I would love to see it a couple inches longer especially if I want to try smokin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangflyer, thurmma, 49dimes and 3 others like this.
  6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Hey @AKNick what part of Alaska are you in. A guy who was flying with me just moved to Alaska with his wife and kids (wife got relocated there Military). He ha pretty good 3D pilot and fun to hang out with.

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    Juneau - Most military guys go to Anchorage, which is a four hour ferry boat ride to Haines and a 750 mile drive from here! LOL - no roads in or out of Juneau, only escape is boat or plane.
    I could use more 3D pilot buddies here!! I am the only one here frolicking the ground with my rudder!

Jetpainter likes this.
  8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Lol ok. I can't remember exactly what part he is in but I know there is a club close to him that has a bunch of 3D pilots.

9. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    There are some sweet fields up in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Without a doubt I am the only 3D guy at my club, only one other guy can hover so I doubt it is here! LOL

10. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

We kicked the Spats Invitational off last night with some sunset flying. Should be a good weekend :D

20171011_173156.jpg