• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's official!

gone flyin.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I hope you have fun. Beautiful day here yesterday, but I didn't feel too well. I feel better today, but it's raining. . . . . . . .:(

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
63 degrees and 0 to 1 mile an hour wind. Absolutely Clear Blue cloudless Skies. It just doesn't get any better than this.
20171029_124801.jpg The repaired pilot Edge flew very well. In fact, I think it flew much better than it did before I dumped it at huckfest. I did however encounter a minor setback. I only got two flights before I had a dead stick with the brand new 3 W 106 CS. I went into a full power nose over tumble and the engine died. My first thought was immediately, did I have a clunk go to the front of the tank? A very uneventful Dead stick Landing and I brought it in to check it out. Pulled the hatch and looked at the fuel line, and nope. The clunk was right where it was supposed to be. So I filled it up and fired it up and that's when I discovered the problem. One of my brand new stainless steel Comfort headers broke right at the accordion. Now I know why it died in the air. So I will just get ahold of Gerhart and order a new replacement warranty header.
20171029_124610.jpg 20171029_124622.jpg
I was a little dismayed that I only got two flights in, but that I'm bringing her home undamaged is very pleasing.
25918.jpeg

20171029_113718.jpg

I still had a really great time though. My son asked me if I wanted to fly his dle 222 powered PAU? Um duh, does it snow in the North Pole? What an incredible flying plane he has. He has done an awesome job with it.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
63 degrees and 0 to 1 mile an hour wind. Absolutely Clear Blue cloudless Skies. It just doesn't get any better than this.
View attachment 99901 The repaired pilot Edge flew very well. In fact, I think it flew much better than it did before I dumped it at huckfest. I did however encounter a minor setback. I only got two flights before I had a dead stick with the brand new 3 W 106 CS. I went into a full power nose over tumble and the engine died. My first thought was immediately, did I have a clunk go to the front of the tank? A very uneventful Dead stick Landing and I brought it in to check it out. Pulled the hatch and looked at the fuel line, and nope. The clunk was right where it was supposed to be. So I filled it up and fired it up and that's when I discovered the problem. One of my brand new stainless steel Comfort headers broke right at the accordion. Now I know why it died in the air. So I will just get ahold of Gerhart and order a new replacement warranty header.
View attachment 99898 View attachment 99899
I was a little dismayed that I only got two flights in, but that I'm bringing her home undamaged is very pleasing.
View attachment 99902
View attachment 99900
I still had a really great time though. My son has asked me if I wanted to fly his dle 222 powered paunch. Um duh, does it snow in the North Pole? What an incredible flying plane he has. He has done an awesome job with it.
That is just the perfect weather some of my best flying has been on days like that zero wind perfectly blue sky and on the cold side. The engines run great the planes perform well and you are not cold because there is no wind. Have not had one of those days yet this fall but still hopping.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Our club had it's picnic today, but unfortunately I was not able to attend. I had some outpatient laser surgery done on one of my legs Friday and I have to keep it wrapped up during the day until tomorrow. I could have gone today, but keeping the leg wrapped up while walking around has proven to be nearly impossible. Hopefully I didn't miss the last good flying day this season. Time will tell.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Our club had it's picnic today, but unfortunately I was not able to attend. I had some outpatient laser surgery done on one of my legs Friday and I have to keep it wrapped up during the day until tomorrow. I could have gone today, but keeping the leg wrapped up while walking around has proven to be nearly impossible. Hopefully I didn't miss the last good flying day this season. Time will tell.
I'm hoping for a speeding and painless recovery for you. I can totally understand how difficult it is to only have the use of one of your legs. And we boyz not being as we were in our younger years...seems to take forever to mend. I will put in a special order of at least one good flying day for you. :way_to_go:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hoping for a speedy recovery so that you can get out flying and enjoy the last of the season.