• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Well this is what winter flying is all about. Got up this morning looked outside and it was beautiful clear blue sky, went outside zero wind and I mean zero and the temperature was 3 degrees below freezing. Packed my stuff got everything ready and off to field. Got to the field 5o minutes from home get to the field and there is a steady 10 mph wind blowing off the lake and it was cold and t was like you were standing there With no clothes on. Well got the plane out, put it together and fueled up by this I was frozen. Took a bit to get it going. Then standing behind it to warm the engine up was the icing on the cake. Took off flying was great engine ran like it had an extra couple of horses in it. But then after a few minutes I started looking at my timer to see if it was time to land I still had 7 minutes to go and my hands were frozen and I could hardly feel the stickers. Flew to the end and landed I was so cold did not do anything to the plane just put it in to the van and went home and said I will clean it up at in the warmth of the garage. Only thing good was I got a flight in and it felt good.
WOW...way too cold for me to fly! I admire your determination.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well this is what winter flying is all about. Got up this morning looked outside and it was beautiful clear blue sky, went outside zero wind and I mean zero and the temperature was 3 degrees below freezing. Packed my stuff got everything ready and off to field. Got to the field 5o minutes from home get to the field and there is a steady 10 mph wind blowing off the lake and it was cold and t was like you were standing there With no clothes on. Well got the plane out, put it together and fueled up by this I was frozen. Took a bit to get it going. Then standing behind it to warm the engine up was the icing on the cake. Took off flying was great engine ran like it had an extra couple of horses in it. But then after a few minutes I started looking at my timer to see if it was time to land I still had 7 minutes to go and my hands were frozen and I could hardly feel the stickers. Flew to the end and landed I was so cold did not do anything to the plane just put it in to the van and went home and said I will clean it up at in the warmth of the garage. Only thing good was I got a flight in and it felt good.

You are WAY tougher than I my friend.

Winter flying for me when it's below 45 is to turn on computer, start RealFlight, sit in my recliner, turn on my TV that the computer is hooked to, put on my headphones, start the Ipod, and fly in comfort.;)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Wow! Seems flying weather for the seasons has become extreme. Either burn up or freeze. Any one know of a place on Earth where it stays 68-72 degrees with RH 50-60% and wind gusts no more than 5 mph year round??? Let me know...I'm moving there :yesss:.

thurmma

150cc
Wow! Seems flying weather for the seasons has become extreme. Either burn up or freeze. Any one know of a place on Earth where it stays 68-72 degrees with RH 50-60% and wind gusts no more than 5 mph year round??? Let me know...I'm moving there :yesss:.
Don't know about the 5 mph winds, but for temp's, head to the San Diego area :) Lived there for 5 years and you could plan an event 2 years in advance and pretty much guarantee that you would have sunshine and mild temps.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
What we need to do is all get together and every 3 or 4 move about 500 miles and follow the good weather. That make us all happy.
For some of us I think it is an age thing. When I was younger, I hardly paid any mind to the weather and you could hardly get me in the house. I would stay out in it for hours on end. As the years drifted by that changed for me. I can do without the cold stuff now. I do what I have to do in the cold when needed, but not stating that I like it.