• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was a gorgeous day today for December 2nd. I flew my Freewing Mig 21 for the first time since I installed a Lemon RC 7 channel stabilized receiver. I never liked how it felt in turns, it would drop the nose sometimes out of the blue. It just never felt solid and locked in. About a minute into the first flight today I turned the stabilizer on and it was a different airplane. It felt totally locked in and solid.:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It was a gorgeous day today for December 2nd. I flew my Freewing Mig 21 for the first time since I installed a Lemon RC 7 channel stabilized receiver. I never liked how it felt in turns, it would drop the nose sometimes out of the blue. It just never felt solid and locked in. About a minute into the first flight today I turned the stabilizer on and it was a different airplane. It felt totally locked in and solid.:)
It is really nice when you can resolve a problem without the need to acquire the dreaded black baggie. scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I put what I'm betting is my last flight of the year in today. I took the Hangar 9 Extra out and by the time I put it together the wind was blowing pretty good. The flight was nice, but the landing got pretty sporty. More like kite flying than landing. I was fueled up to go again and I decided it wasn't worth it. That way I could end the year with all 4 airplanes, and my last helicopter in great shape, and not needing any work.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Weather has been wonderful past 3 days and tomorrow seems to be the last day of it before windy and colder conditions arrive for a bit.

Hope to drag this out and get a Maiden in......

View attachment 100556
Yeah, like it has been here. That is "UNTIL" you are ready to go flying. Our forecast for the next two weeks? Clear and sunny M-F, cloudy with chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. M-F of next week, clear and sunny. Saturday and Sunday, cloudy with threat of rain. Someone doesn't want us to fly either. GRRRR!!!

I put what I'm betting is my last flight of the year in today. I took the Hangar 9 Extra out and by the time I put it together the wind was blowing pretty good. The flight was nice, but the landing got pretty sporty. More like kite flying than landing. I was fueled up to go again and I decided it wasn't worth it. That way I could end the year with all 4 airplanes, and my last helicopter in great shape, and not needing any work.
I never count out the possibility of a freak flying day. I have flown in 65 degree weather in the middle of Dec. and Jan. But that being said, it is a real good feeling you can put your babies to sleep for the winter not needing any repairs or with no losses.

Wind and clouds came earlier than expected :ugh: so no maiden today. I really want to see if I can get this one to live longer than purple did ( flew it almost 6 years). Even if the color is SNOT GREEN . So there we go. Snot flying today :big-grin:.
Pretty sure it will last longer than ole "Purp". Just don't put her on a table to start her.
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Keep us posted. I really am anxious to see how she does.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah, like it has been here. That is "UNTIL" you are ready to go flying. Our forecast for the next two weeks? Clear and sunny M-F, cloudy with chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. M-F of next week, clear and sunny. Saturday and Sunday, cloudy with threat of rain. Someone doesn't want us to fly either. GRRRR!!!

I never count out the possibility of a freak flying day. I have flown in 65 degree weather in the middle of Dec. and Jan. But that being said, it is a real good feeling you can put your babies to sleep for the winter not needing any repairs or with no losses.

Pretty sure it will last longer than ole "Purp". Just don't put her on a table to start her. View attachment 100608
Keep us posted. I really am anxious to see how she does.
It was 70 here today, of course the wind was blowing about 30. In the 30s this weekend, burr.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking at the extended forecast the cold front pushing through will bring the wet stuff for a day or so then temps fall to seasonal norms.
This Sunday looking to be a Maiden. High of 58-60 little wind and plenty of SUNSHINE ! Great engine weather :).