• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Was an overcast day but a warmer cool of 63 and low humidity and no wind. Had a blast with the chunk O foam. New landing gear did great on the grass field. Touch and go's and landings smooth as silk. 3D flight felt better too! with the bit of added weight. Rock solid harrier. And yes these QQ300 will wing rock even with an Aura8.

1214171911-00.jpg

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Was an overcast day but a warmer cool of 63 and low humidity and no wind. Had a blast with the chunk O foam. New landing gear did great on the grass field. Touch and go's and landings smooth as silk. 3D flight felt better too! with the bit of added weight. Rock solid harrier. And yes these QQ300 will wing rock even with an Aura8.

View attachment 100785
Is it wing rock because the servos are to slow or the gain to low it should see it I believe.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Is it wing rock because the servos are to slow or the gain to low it should see it I believe.

No. My buddy was flying his with me and complained about the wing rock. I told him you have to keep the wing "loaded". Regulate your elevator and throttle inputs gently to keep a forward momentum. Steer with the rudder and a bit of opposite aileron. He did and was then :). He has only been flying for 10 months and is getting the basics of 3D pretty darn good. He is a retired crop duster and flew air tractors.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No. My buddy was flying his with me and complained about the wing rock. I told him you have to keep the wing "loaded". Regulate your elevator and throttle inputs gently to keep a forward momentum. Steer with the rudder and a bit of opposite aileron. He did and was then :). He has only been flying for 10 months and is getting the basics of 3D pretty darn good. He is a retired crop duster and flew air tractors.
Been flying for a long time over 30 years but then about 1 1/2 years back is when I joined this site and retired got really interested in trying to fly 3D. It has been fun and very interesting. Had to change all my building methods and everything I thought I new. Most of my planes were sport type or semi scale and all painted and heavy. Now building to minimum weight, maximum horsepower and the fastest and strongest servos. And defiantly flying one mistake heigh. It is not easy to teach an old bog new tricks.