• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

Rusty 73

100cc
I understand thats beautiful country , looks like alot of land that could be setup for RC flying field around there.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I understand thats beautiful country , looks like alot of land that could be setup for RC flying field around there.
You think so we live in one of the biggest countries and with a relatively small population, flying fields are hard to find and maintain. Just spent the last couple years with a flying friend try to keep a field alive and not lose it, but it looks like we may have turned the corner and the members see growing very slowly but going in the right direction. I believe we will be able to cover the cost with members fees.

Rusty 73

100cc
You think so we live in one of the biggest countries and with a relatively small population, flying fields are hard to find and maintain. Just spent the last couple years with a flying friend try to keep a field alive and not lose it, but it looks like we may have turned the corner and the members see growing very slowly but going in the right direction. I believe we will be able to cover the cost with members fees.

I guess the sounds issue is the biggest issue and flying over other people's property . The field i'm at which is butted up againist the CP railways went through sounds issues with new 1-2 acre lot houses that went up behind the railway in the last 3-4 years.
We measured a db rating of 86Db only 100 feet from the CP line when a freight train accelerating out from the yards, our loudest db was 64 at the same ponit with a 35% Extra GP 123 on mufflers . So we were well with in the db limits for the surrounding area .

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The biggest problem is spoiled people, lawyers/insurance, media, and dumb asses that think they can do anything anywhere.
How is that you say. Well!!!
People are spoiled!! And don't want to hear anything they don't want to hear.
Lawyers will sue on a dime and insurance has to cover an extremely wide and mandated market mostly due to the lawsuits.
Media portrays our hobby as a means for terrorism, especially the last several years in movies/ tv shows.
And the DA's flying over fires, the WH lawn, around the Statue of Liberty, etc. etc. etc.
Anyone that has anything is not going to risk losing it due to a law suit for sake of toy airplanes. I know I would not risk it, even if the suit is frivilous attorney fee's are not.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The only place I've ever seen -2 degrees is on the photo in your post. Yowzer that's cold.
It warmed up to 9 degrees today. Then it started snowing late this afternoon. Still coming down. Got about 3” so far. This winter has been a rough one.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys it is not getting any better around here it is now -24 and with the wind down to -35 now that is dam cold. My car has square tires on it this morning and never got up to temperature.

Rusty 73

100cc
Heard on the news that both Chicago airports are close due to extreme cold ..fasten some cardboard in fornt of the radiator to get the temps up . Thats the only ways to help get heat into the engine . Hope your running synthetic oil !!