• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Red Eagle rebooted

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
While waiting on turtle deck stuff to cure I have been tossing ideas around on how to not add weight and I believe I have come up with one. Based on the full scale plans I do believe I can make a functioning slave strut, see pic. There is enough meat in both the aileron and wings trailing edge to accommodate it. Of course I will have to up the servo power accordingly to operate both.
Any thoughts, good, bad, won't work, should work, etc.
The pic is from the full scale plans printed to the kit size.

Attachments

• P1090483.JPG
    P1090483.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 292

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
While waiting on turtle deck stuff to cure I have been tossing ideas around on how to not add weight and I believe I have come up with one. Based on the full scale plans I do believe I can make a functioning slave strut, see pic. There is enough meat in both the aileron and wings trailing edge to accommodate it. Of course I will have to up the servo power accordingly to operate both.
Any thoughts, good, bad, won't work, should work, etc.
The pic is from the full scale plans printed to the kit size.
Sorry been staring at it for a while but do not understand how it works. Is it an aileron that hangs below the wing.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry been staring at it for a while but do not understand how it works. Is it an aileron that hangs below the wing.
That is a pic of the aileron with the slave control horn and normal control horn. Here is a shot of both ailerons and linkage view.

Attachments

• Capture11 (2).PNG
    Capture11 (2).PNG
    476.1 KB · Views: 331

WMcNabb

150cc
That is a pic of the aileron with the slave control horn and normal control horn. Here is a shot of both ailerons and linkage view.
Should work just fine. My guess is the weight savings by eliminating two servos, wiring etc. will be well worth it.
You just won’t be able to program crow, but I don’t believe you’re planning to fly 3D anyway :brian-banana:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Should work just fine. My guess is the weight savings by eliminating two servos, wiring etc. will be well worth it.
You just won’t be able to program crow, but I don’t believe you’re planning to fly 3D anyway :brian-banana:
Ya'kno, in forty years I never used crow, ate plenty though.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh yea, those two servos with wiring will be over 5oz.. Not to mention not having to deal with the wire's during assembly /disassembly. Woo Hoo!!

TonyHallo

150cc
Oh yea, those two servos with wiring will be over 5oz.. Not to mention not having to deal with the wire's during assembly /disassembly. Woo Hoo!!
Yes but you will need to hook up the linkage, depending on method you choose, this could make for a more difficult assembly.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes but you will need to hook up the linkage, depending on method you choose, this could make for a more difficult assembly.
That would be true but I am designing this one so both wing halves (top and bottom) come off together. That will leave the outer strut and Slave strut attached along with the outer flying wire connections. At least that is the plan and as you know those change as we go along. Not quite sure about the link yet, have any ideas?

Last edited: