• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Spammers are getting out of hand.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
we're checking every morning and we appreciate that you guys are on here before we are flagging the spammy posts!

we have been continuing to try to deny the spammers the satisfaction of posting here and God only knows why they'd even waste their time but i think four or five each morning is manageable. i almost look forward to seeing the spam after i let the dogs out, it's like it's become part of my morning. :)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
we're checking every morning and we appreciate that you guys are on here before we are flagging the spammy posts!

we have been continuing to try to deny the spammers the satisfaction of posting here and God only knows why they'd even waste their time but i think four or five each morning is manageable. i almost look forward to seeing the spam after i let the dogs out, it's like it's become part of my morning. :)
Bart same here, cup of coffee, few reports, even send spammer's a convo every once in awhile, telling them where they can stick there SPAM, with no lube if I may add. I know the convo's are as useless as the spam, but does make me fill better. Ya'll keep up the good work, if a few spamassers is all I have to deal with here, then so be it, well worth it for the atmospher here you guys have created

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
been continuing to tweak including getting help from the developers to better understand how the spam checks are supposed to be applied. just found out that there's a bug that allows spammers to bypass spam checks so we'll get that updated and hope to see less spam activity at the site.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
we have controls in place, there's nothing we can do to stop a spammer that is doing the process manually. if we weren't doing anything at all we'd have pages of spam posts every day. instead we have less than ten.
you guys can't see it but there are accounts blocked each day where the system did what is was supposed to do and kept new registrations from going through.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Definitely appreciate your efforts and complaining was not my intent. I am actually sorry you guys have to deal with that level of persistence.

SleepyC

150cc
I have a question... they say demand creates supply..... SO if that's the case... someone somewhere is clicking on spam and buying stuff. WHO? WHO IS SO STUPID TO DO THIS? CAUSE IF SPAM DIDN;T MAKE SOMEONE MONEY THEY WOULDN'T DO IT! SO WHO ARE THESE MORONS?!?!?

Bart is right, we are getting human beings sitting somewhere creating accounts to just post links to dumb stuff. INSANE!

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Kinda similar to the criminal "robo callers" that ring my home phone (and to a lesser extent) my cell 1-2 times every day to tell me this is my final notice to lower my credit card interest rates. Pisses me off to no end.