• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Spammers are getting out of hand.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Kinda similar to the criminal "robo callers" that ring my home phone (and to a lesser extent) my cell 1-2 times every day to tell me this is my final notice to lower my credit card interest rates. Pisses me off to no end.
Phil did you register your # with the do not call list? I was getting those calls on my cell, and now explain the few I get not to call again. I don't get many at all now that I've registered the #

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I did. The problem is, as I understand it, "Robocalling" is illegal altogether. So anyone doing this type activity is not going to be following the rules. They're scammers, out to steal from those unfortunate enough to fall for their games. I've told them not to call, "Pressed #1 to be removed from the calling list", asked for deviant sexual favors, threatened them with bodily harm, etc, etc.... Nothing works.
So now I'm pretty much down to wishing someone would hunt them down, shoot them and burn their businesses to the ground.. Too bad that's also against the law.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
My honest opinion, add the feature to review first posts for all new accounts, advise people it will be 24 hours and just check new posts once a night and have a backup to check them if you cant, that way the spammers get no satisfaction of having there posts seen by anyone and the viewers won't see the posts and be worried about it.

If your capcha is up to date and there are human questions in place then its a human doing the spamming and they will get tired of having there first post declined and account banned with no satisfaction of forcing viewers to read it

SleepyC

150cc
Not a bad plan, and yea it's humans... again who ever buys anything from these people, someone has to or they wouldn't do it?!?! CRAZY!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
@SleepyC it only costs $10usd per week to hire a spammer in the Philippines to spam a website 10-20 times per day. this could be an attempt to discredit the site.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yup. The spammers are at it hot and heavy again tonight. I just reported a bunch more. Something needs to be done. They are starting earlier and earlier every night.:very_angry: