• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
After flying my Goblin again I decided even after adding the green, pearl yellow and silver to the canopy in was still pretty hard to see. So, I painted the boom and lower section of the canopy bright yellow as well as changed the silver to yellow. I can't say I'm in love with the scheme, but It should be more visible. Now I need to have @Decal Dennis make me some decals for the tail boom.

I liked the original white scheme the best, but the visibility sucked. Here are some pictures of the changes.
View attachment 42192 View attachment 42193 View attachment 42194

Beautiful job Doug. I bet you can see that baby now!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks Mike!

The shape of the Goblin canopy isn't the greatest for reflecting light unless it's upside down. The area at the top that sticks out to cover the servos shadows the rest of it when your right side up. I guess the answer is just to fly upside down all the time. ;)

And Helicopters! I would need an ambulance as part of my safety gear:face-palm:.lol

Your chopper looks awesome:way_to_go:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
And Helicopters! I would need an ambulance as part of my safety gear:face-palm:.lol

Your chopper looks awesome:way_to_go:.
Thanks!

I'll admit, for me anyway, I do think about the fact that I'm controlling something that can lop my head off if I don't keep my mind on what I'm doing.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
After flying my Goblin again I decided even after adding the green, pearl yellow and silver to the canopy in was still pretty hard to see. So, I painted the boom and lower section of the canopy bright yellow as well as changed the silver to yellow. I can't say I'm in love with the scheme, but It should be more visible. Now I need to have @Decal Dennis make me some decals for the tail boom.

I liked the original white scheme the best, but the visibility sucked. Here are some pictures of the changes.
View attachment 42192 View attachment 42193 View attachment 42194

I like the yellow boom better. Shoot me a text when you're ready for decals

emtp275

100cc
Tanks fit a 104 slick like a glove, I bought this plane used or prebuilt lol it had maybe 6 or 7 flights on it, I had to change a lot on it and reorganize wires put short the plane was thrown together, so not only am I adding smoke now but I have had to pull the DLE111 and fuel prof the firewall and motor box just one more thing i do on a build that I feel needs to be done on them all but couldn't be skipped when adding the nasty side effects of "smoke on" Oh and I wana thank @stangflyer again lol I have tried to add feed back on the sale but I can't figure that one out but buying from this guy was the easiest part of the project. image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Tanks fit a 104 slick like a glove, I bought this plane used or prebuilt lol it had maybe 6 or 7 flights on it, I had to change a lot on it and reorganize wires put short the plane was thrown together, so not only am I adding smoke now but I have had to pull the DLE111 and fuel prof the firewall and motor box just one more thing i do on a build that I feel needs to be done on them all but couldn't be skipped when adding the nasty side effects of "smoke on" Oh and I wana thank @stangflyer again lol I have tried to add feed back on the sale but I can't figure that one out but buying from this guy was the easiest part of the project. View attachment 42277

Looking good!

And @stangflyer is as stand-up as they come. :way_to_go: