• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks guys. I had seen the idea on a couple woodworking YouTube channels I follow. Decided it needed to get done though once the wife and I started getting the house cleaned for the home study process. I was forced to stop using the entire basement as a shop and condense it all into a space that is roughly 400 sq ft. I really like it there though as it's now very easy to switch between the two. Only cost about $15 in materials to so it was cheap.
You mean I "too" can have a table saw and a router....all for 15 bucks? I will take three of them. LOL..... Nicely done Chris. I like.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Orthobird posted about an oil carrying case a while back... so, I decided to knock one out that might work well for me. This is the first cut and there are a few minor adjustments/fit changes required.... but, I think this will work. measuring cup on the side....

oil_case.jpg

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
What did I do tonight? I CLEANED!!!! The LAW left town for the weekend and after a half dozen airplane builds and a busy month the shop was getting pretty nasty! I filled a dumpster to the TOP and I finally have a full 14' of visible work bench again!!!

Even cleaned up my storage corner and cleaned off a table just for my P47 build!
hohly ****! you did clean...

you didn't throw any airplanes in the dumpster did ya? i may have to look through it really early in the morning if so

i cant believe all the space... i mean where did everything go? big warturd even has its own bench where tools, glues, materials, electronics, paint, molds, etc used to reside. i hope my ultimate is still there... back to checking the dumpster, maybe i go now!

mndless

Don't know a thing..
This idea was started by @orthobird a few posts up, he had ordered something to carry oil bottles... so, I decided to put one together for my use...

This is the second, and probably final, cut on the oil carrier ... everything fits much better...

I etched in a chart for oil dosage and a space for the measuring cup...

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2119.JPGIMG_2120.JPG