• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Had to repair my Fromeco switch this morning before going out to fly. Fitted some fresh 16awg noodle wire to both of the receiver outputs, then fitted a pair of receiver leads to each of the outputs so I have dual redundant power outputs to each receiver. Hopefully no more problems with the switch.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep, everyone has to have their time in the barrel! Between swim meets and baseball for my two boys, I am rarely home. It's always an after bedtime trip for me to the shop.

I hear you. One of my sons plays baseball spring, summer and fall, then he wrestles in the winter. The other son swims in the summer and basketball in the fall. Not a lot of hobby time with young boys. But a few years from now they will be gone and I will miss the chaos.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I managed to make it into my workshop this afternoon, it's been awhile. A flying season of maintenance of airplanes and helicopters, made a giant mess. I worked an hour and a half just sorting through nuts and bolts small parts. More cleaning tomorrow.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I didn't have much free time today. But I did get started on a battery mount and ESC mount for the Wild Tiger profile. Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow afternoon and I can finish them up.

I managed to make it into my workshop this afternoon, it's been awhile. A flying season of maintenance of airplanes and helicopters, made a giant mess. I worked an hour and a half just sorting through nuts and bolts small parts. More cleaning tomorrow.
I'm about 2/3 the way through doing the same nut/bolt sorting...

BJ Swope

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Spent most of the day Xmas shopping with the wife. Snuck out to the shop for a short bit when we got home. Made a little more progress on the ESC and Battery mount for the profile but I didn't get them finished yet.

I'll post a few pics if I ever get them done.:p

got all the monokote cleaned up and did some prelim assembly to get a look at my design. overall very happy with it. now it's time for some paint and a few more graphics. started life as the PAU extra. just a few minor upgrades like aerodynamic balance tabs on the elevators and ailerons.
20151213_225113.jpg