• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Me and my brother host a giant scale 3d event in gerrardstown wv. We will be having it in sept. Come on up and throw down.

I will try but cant make any promises. Wife and I are trying to adopt a child so unfortunately I kinda need to save my vacation time at work.

HornetNZ

50cc
Hinges sealed and cowl vent louvers installed.

Attachments

• 2015-02-28 17.00.53.jpg
    2015-02-28 17.00.53.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 304

BalsaDust

Got my sabre35 RTF last night. All up it weighs 21.04oz with a 1300mah 3S lipo on the nose. I think it is just a touch tail heavy but I like my profiles that way.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got my sabre35 RTF last night. All up it weighs 21.04oz with a 1300mah 3S lipo on the nose. I think it is just a touch tail heavy but I like my profiles that way.

Cool, I got the SaberX from Value Hobby.....but like most small electric stuff I like to fly it but hate to mess with it. Should be RTF sometime in June:oblong:

BalsaDust

Cool, I got the SaberX from Value Hobby.....but like most small electric stuff I like to fly it but hate to mess with it. Should be RTF sometime in June:oblong:
The probro's seem to love it except for the fact that it doesn't have a tube in the fuse so it doesn't handle dorks as well. Getting ready to go maiden mine in a little bit.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The probro's seem to love it except for the fact that it doesn't have a tube in the fuse so it doesn't handle dorks as well. Getting ready to go maiden mine in a little bit.
LOL, you said Probro and Dorks:laughing:. JUST KIDDING!!! You know I'm kidding but you walked right into that one!!!

You know, I had one of the old OMP hybrid profiles with the wedgie shaped fuselages and flew the crap out of it. I modified mine to be wider so you could actually get your hands in it and eventually went from a DLE55 to a ZDZ80 twin. That plane was fun but the wing was insanely poor for airfoil, thickness and it had dihedral on the bottom and a flat top. I've thought once before about resurrecting that design in an "ultra quick build" format. We should do that sometime Chis if you are interested, keep that in mind.

BalsaDust

I like the idea of that and I have a dle 55 I could throw on it. It's something I'm deff interested in. Just remember a slab has to have a tube in the fuse.

The sbach I have has that airfoil you speak off where it's flat across the top and tapered on the bottom. It flys well though. Just flew the sabre35 to. It flew nice until I wait for it DORKED IT. Picked it up and thought all was fine threw it in the air and put hard left rudder in it and the rudder never centered when I let go of the stick. Got it down safe just need to replace a servo with a stripped gear.

yakken

100cc
I like the idea of that and I have a dle 55 I could throw on it. It's something I'm deff interested in. Just remember a slab has to have a tube in the fuse.

The sbach I have has that airfoil you speak off where it's flat across the top and tapered on the bottom. It flys well though. Just flew the sabre35 to. It flew nice until I wait for it DORKED IT. Picked it up and thought all was fine threw it in the air and put hard left rudder in it and the rudder never centered when I let go of the stick. Got it down safe just need to replace a servo with a stripped gear.
You didnt fly at the glengary wv club when they had there probro event did you?