• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got my little CHEAP HK plane ready to crash again :big-grin:. Added a temp sensor to boot to let me know I'm going down in FLAMES!!!:laughing:. Added a couple more stand offs to tame the "gyro" affect of torque when blowing up the throttle!

20160408_014151.jpg
20160408_014208.jpg
20160408_014230.jpg
20160408_020645.jpg
20160408_020116.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The way he has it yes. What I would do is turn it around and have the motor pointed the other way. If you look at the picture he has from inside the fuse the back of the motor has three holes in it for a bolt on prop adapter.
I'm planning on using a helicopter motor in a future classic pattern airplane project. Unfortunately I don't have any choice but to do it the same way since the motor isn't made for a bolt on prop adapter.

BalsaDust

I'm planning on using a helicopter motor in a future classic pattern airplane project. Unfortunately I don't have any choice but to do it the same way since the motor isn't made for a bolt on prop adapter.

I have the same issue with a motor I wanted to use at one point. Ended up selling the motor but I planned to buy a bolt on adapter and remove the can from the motor to have a machinist at work make it fit for me.

OK Girlfriends ;).........I have a collet type coming from tower that has two 6-32 grub screws along with the turbo cool spinner. I bet my second HK order shows up first (another motor and props).
I think you are setting up the perfect nall plane for the electric line. You can piss off some of the electron flyers with some heavy 3d action like my buddy @emtp275 did last year. :p