• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

sweetpea

100cc
I've been checking these out as well. If we sell / buy a new house I'm slightly optimistic for an unfinished basement so I can build a man cave and put these on the floor. Where did you get yours?

I did a lot of on-line searching. Best price I could find was on Ebay at $.189 a tile (sq ft). No shipping and no tax! Basically the guy wants you to call him to discuss colors and amount of tiles and you buy direct from him instead of ebay. I already got my shipping tracking and they will be here Monday. These are supposed to be the same tiles everyone else is selling (made in Cleveland, Toledo and one other place). Most places sell them for $1.99-2.49.

In about 2-3 weeks my concrete should be down and I'll let you know how they work out. I did a different pattern/color combo than the picture.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Did I mention how beautiful NC is, especially the Sandhill's area. Nall is only bout 3hr drive. Chickenballs or his son (once he gets older) would mow your grass for FREE. I'd go as far as to throw in one of my Pit Bitches, if we could get ya'll to move here.

Unfortunately we aren't changing geographical location. Thought has seriously crossed my mind more than once though.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Wrapped up my new topper rollout and platform. Platform will be super nice since there is room for two sets of wings, bag chairs and a tote with charging equipment!
image.jpg
image.jpg

BalsaDust

That's really nice terry. I had done something similar in my pickup but ended up taking it out as it didn't work how I wanted. I think if I made it raise up in the middle like you did the. It would solve my problems. Hmmmm may have to pick up another piece of plywood.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Spent most of the day in the workshop. Finished up the majority of the fuselage on my Mountain Models L4 Grasshopper kit. I can not believe how well this kit fits together. The precision of the laser cutting on this kit is phenomenal. And the way everything interlocks like a jigsaw puzzle is awesome. I think you could put this thing together without any glue and it would actually hold up to a couple flights.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

kork

70cc twin V2
Well... I have been dreaming of getting to the field this spring for the first time but no luck.
mother nature is planning on another sh@#$y day tomorrow. 6 inches possible.
I did get my trailer loaded today and crossed fingers next weekend.
Once again, this weather blows.
Herve/ maiden soon to come!!

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 240