• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I also used this lil guy to get way down in the corners.
20160707_161458.jpg

Here's one with the cowl back in place.
20160707_084809.jpg

For some reason I can't get the others to upload. May have to do it from the laptop.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs .
Went to the local auto store, and got a spray can for lens tinting. It needed 3 coats. I must say I found 2 coats to light and then I put a third coat and it looked great. But that was out side and not on a plane. I find with three coats to dark but you have to play with it but make your final decision on the plane.
Can not remember the name of the product but if you need it let me know I will go back to the store and get the name for you.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
@ericrs .
Went to the local auto store, and got a spray can for lens tinting. It needed 3 coats. I must say I found 2 coats to light and then I put a third coat and it looked great. But that was out side and not on a plane. I find with three coats to dark but you have to play with it but make your final decision on the plane.
Can not remember the name of the product but if you need it let me know I will go back to the store and get the name for you.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll find that here also at an auto store.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Last night I worked on the Fling DLG a little bit. I got the vertical stab/rudder installed and I reinforced the tail boom in a few places using some Spiderwire and CA.
Tonight it finally quit raining long enough for the ground to dry up a bit so I worked on some landscaping I started a couple weeks ago. So no workshop time today. And probably not for the next couple days till I get the landscaping done.:(

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've been in the restoring mood lately. Baby's canopy was chipping paint from her paint job of almost 4 years ago. So she's getting a fresh coat of paint. She's also getting a fresh two tone paint job on her wheel pants. The Pilot Edge is running so sweet and hella strong with the 124, the only thing it's getting is getting the crap flown outta her tomorrow. The Sukhoi had a couple of minor cracks in her wheel pants, so she got a brand new set I've had stored installed. And last but not least, the Behemoth Yak is getting a different prop. I just feel the 34x12 is too much for that beasty motor until she gets some laps (and gallons) through her. So four of the Epley Hangar rides got special attention the last few days. Been pretty busy, but tomorrow we fly!!!

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I had a very good day working on the Viper. I got the rudder and elevators hinged up. I than started finishing the wings, by marking out the ailerons, servo boxes, and control horn blocks. I also glued the end caps on the wings.

Attachments

• 2016-07-09 17.24.41.jpg
    2016-07-09 17.24.41.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 2016-07-09 20.44.41.jpg
    2016-07-09 20.44.41.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 227

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Since the weather went to crap today, I decided to do a little more work on Baby. I got her canopy stripped, sanded and now ready to clean up inside the canopy before paint. She is also getting a more appropriately painted pilot.
20160709_220252.jpg

I also got most of the paint applied to her pants. I have one, maybe two more coats of white paint to spray and they will be done.
20160709_213344.jpg
20160709_213334.jpg

I gotta keep Baby pretty. A plane like this don't seem to stay around very long. Between my time with her and the previous owner (Harve-Aztech in Canada) she has right at 327 flights on her. Roughly 55 hours in air time. She is still as rock solid and sound as a bell as the day she was assembled. I love this plane.