• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

thurmma

150cc
Started the electronics upgrade in the Edge tonight. Smartfly EQ6 is out and JETI CB200 is in :)
20160710_201133.jpg

sweetpea

100cc
I actually went flying! Got my PAU/BME ultimate in the air after some misgivings with the cabanes being bent and the engine wanting to kick back.

Unfortuenatly my PAU Edge would not start. Never once did I get it to pop. All indications at the field showed it was getting fuel and and both the optic kill and 3W ignition lights were working. So I packed it up.

Got it in the shop and tore the carb apart and cleaned it (it was full of fuel, so maybe I flooded it). I also replaced the plugs and cleaned out the fuel filter in the plane. Hoping to try to start it tonight.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Should the countertop not be a nice piece of aluminum plate 1/4 thick all bent to fit the top now that would be special.

sweetpea

100cc
Well tried again tonight. Engine is drawing fuel. Battery checks good at 8.36v and 8.10v on a 1 amp load. Got the engine to pop a few times but never run.im afraid my ignition or hall sensor is bad. Which sucks because 3 months ago it ran just fine before I hung it up.

sweetpea

100cc
Well tried again tonight. Engine is drawing fuel. Battery checks good at 8.36v and 8.10v on a 1 amp load. Got the engine to pop a few times but never run.im afraid my ignition or hall sensor is bad. Which sucks because 3 months ago it ran just fine before I hung it up.

I have a spare ignition plus 2 others so I'll try those and a new battery just in case. But my arm is sore as hell....to much flipping!

JAG

70cc twin V2
I have issues starting my engines and my buddy can come over and start it no problem. May want to have some else flip it just to try.