• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
LOL! No, like I said, I was bored and thinking about needing to make a new setup for hauling my 35% Edge around in the truck so I can get it to the shop to paint it. And evidently boredom, a pile of steel and a welder equals wheel chocks that weigh as much as the airplane.;)

You need a RAISE for innovation. Turning down time in to creative time.:attaboy:

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg

I can not stress enough proper prop safety. I thought I had done things right but I was wrong. Working on a 250 mini quad for a buddy. Now on my quads I have been setting them up so that if j power off my transmitter they go into failsafe mode which would be the motors don't run at all. I guess I set it up wrong of forgot as I was trying to figure out the radio programming for his (he flys with a dx6i and I use futaba). Went to hover the quad in my shop. As soon as it lifted off it went crazy so I set it down. Turned my transmitter off like I always do then reached down to unplug the battery. About the time I got my hands on the connector all four motors went to side open throttle.
Please be careful guys I was incredibly lucky I didn't get hurt bad as these are little 5" props on 2200kv motors.

BalsaDust

And as a guy that makes a living with his hands it sucks.

Very much so. Without my hands I would be broke. Sucks even worse as its my left hand and I'm left handed. It's feeling better though as a couple hours after it happened the swelling started going down and I finally had to pop the blood blister so they would stop throbbing.