• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

sweetpea

100cc
Man...if they were cheaper.......that blue anodized would look great in my shop! With how I'm doing white walls, black beams, black/grey checker floor and blue border on the floor. It's just too pricey. I'll just paint some normal pegboard with metallic paint.

HornetNZ

50cc
Looking for ideas - Trying to get my choke rod setup. The cowl opening is mostly closed off with lite ply, so makes it difficult. In the pics, I have it coming almost straight out, which works...but there's not much room between the plane of the prop and the ply of the cowl. Enough, but not much. And, I'd have to keep the end of the rod straight so I can remove the cowl if needed, which makes it harder to operate.
I could try a bellcrank into the fuse and out the side, but I really don't have much room on the fuel tank tray for that, and any farther forward would have it sticking out the side of the cowl.
This is my first gasser, so am totally open to ideas!
Hoping to find a good solution that doesn't involve too much work, as I'm moving in 2 weeks and would like to maiden before that!

Attachments

• 2015-06-03 22.14.53.jpg
    2015-06-03 22.14.53.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 2015-06-03 22.16.40.jpg
    2015-06-03 22.16.40.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 202

thurmma

150cc
Why not put it on a servo? That is what I have done with all of my GS planes and it works great. Just run the rod through the firewall to a separate servo. It also gives you another way to kill the engine if you need to :)

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Building this Hostetler cessna 182 and as noted earlier, didn't want to use the heavy plywood spars for the wing attachment. I found a picture online of what these spars look like. Lasered up some parts to use a CF wing tube. Got the main parts glued in.

wingtube2.jpg

wingtube0.jpg wingtube1.jpg wingtube2.jpg wingtube3.jpg wingtube4.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
@emtp275 and I installed bowman ring in my EME60, and put a falcon CF 24x9 on her, SWEET, gained 300 rpm just off first run, tons more compression. I'm coming over to the DARK side also, switching to redline oil. THe carbon build up wasn't bad, but it was there, all but looked like the ring was stuck