• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I have used the "ceramic" before and had no issues but had it in a plane I sold and did not fly it all that much (20 flights maybe??). Now I just use what has always worked best for me and that is a regular heavy clunk and a large volume type filter before the carb. Have hundreds of flights and years of engine operation without the first fuel line / filter / pick up problem. I do run a filter on my gas can too and take every effort to keep my can as clean and free from debris inside and out. I have heard some pretty undesireable things about felt clunks over time when using them for the first line of protection only.

That's what I've used with my DA70, both my DA120's, and my ZDZ180 without a problem. No filtering, just a straight pass through. I filter my fuel twice before it enters the tank.

Thanks for the input guys, I like the fortitude clunk concept with less felt, metal, and a plastic retainer. Part# FORA1004 looking for replacement filters but they are hard to find. Felt is nice since it literally will suck up every drop and retain a fuel in a downline when the clunk is temporarily out of the fuel. I do filter my gas prior to the tank, and after 4 years the fuel tank had some tygon deposits from my miracle switch dot having a little too aggressive barbs and getting pumped into the tank. That would make it's way to the carb if I didn't have a filtered clunk, unless I put a filter in from the fuel dot to the tank (3line system).

I don't think the ceramic would be any better than the TDRC version. I do have a walbro clunk I could throw in, but I'm going to wait until my new ignition/parts come in and swap those out first. One fix at a time right!?!?!

Then again I cheated... I just put a new Walbro carb on WHooOoPsiE.... bye bye my second DLE carb and multiple gaskets throughout the years - and hopefully that un-tuneoutable mid range burble will finally go away. I really love using my brain to tinker on these issues, but some times I just like to fly with a happy face, and forget about all my issues. now I pretty much have three of my main fliers down :( Not Good!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well had some time and built my self two side force generators. Hope the size is correct time will tell.

IMG_1748.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was praying to the flying gods and thanking them for letting me get my airplane on the ground in one piece after finding the wiring issue in the image below. This is my electronic switch for my ignition!

View attachment 98370

Know all about poor solder joints / broken wires :yesss:. Even on brand name brand new ignition cut off system on $5K plane.

:very_angry: Dead Stick engine controls SUCK....

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I unpackaged the brand new DA-120 with all the fixings and my Savox 1270 servos for the ARS tonight:)

So a while back, I posted a thread about aircraft for awesome performance with a DA-100... but after all that deliberation, I decided I might as well bite the bullet and just get the bigger engine:)