• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I think mine is 58". It's about 4 years old. Bought it on a Black Friday special and just now getting it finished up.
I have had one of their fist planes a few years back and was amazed how it flew. Then I got the Addiction XL and again enjoyed the plane the best plane I have ever bought. Will buy the 61 next will always have one. This company knows how to build a plane and design it right.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Here is the latest on the Uproar. I finished the elevators, made the fin and rudder also. Now working the ailerons.

My friend maidened an Uproar v2 today at the same time I maidened my Ryan. That made me super excited to get this plane finished quickly!
d9957cb8b79c830493a826f1c4b9beb5.heic

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Was going to fly it this afternoon but waited to late and afternoon showers / wind put a halt to that :(. Did get outside and checked the engine tune and performance with the Falcon 18x9 prop. For a 26cc it acts like a 30cc :). No problem turning 6900 rpm static and the pull on the back of my legs made me grin :big-grin:. Very impressed with this little gasser :yesss:. Got some more touch up work to do, covering is not that great and some paint peeled when I pulled off some stickers, and install bigger diameter wheels for better grass handling when the wheel pants are on.

0930171004-00.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Guy at our fun fly last weekend was starting his dle 170 with an electric starter. He had it on pipes and the tune and prop where way wrong for the engine. From 1/2-3/4 throttle the engine surged horribly and from 3/4-full throttle it prop ripped so bad that I was tempted to get out some ear plugs.
We had a guy with a DLE120 that lasted one flight. To get it started they had to use a starter. It was horribly lean but they flew it anyway at full throttle the whole time. About 8 minutes in he went into an long upline and that was it, locked up. He said it had RedLine in it, but the fuel was black and it stunk like a lawn mower. It turned over after it cooled off, but it was done for. This was his second one, he killed the first one to.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
We had a guy with a DLE120 that lasted one flight. To get it started they had to use a starter. It was horribly lean but they flew it anyway at full throttle the whole time. About 8 minutes in he went into an long upline and that was it, locked up. He said it had RedLine in it, but the fuel was black and it stunk like a lawn mower. It turned over after it cooled off, but it was done for. This was his second one, he killed the first one to.
I bet he just stood there dumb faced and said that the oil was no good or DLE makes bad engines, and just cannot understand how this can happen to him.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I bet he just stood there dumb faced and said that the oil was no good or DLE makes bad engines, and just cannot understand how this can happen to him.
There are just some people that can screw up an anvil with a tack hammer. There is a bean field on the west side of our field and he's been in it so much he should be paying the farmer rent.;)

They had to send a drone to find his 35cc Sbach last weekend.

IMG_1659.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Speaking of quads, Did you guys hear about the Army Blackhawk helicopter that hit a quad at +500 feet? The pilot immediately landed the helicopter and thankfully nobody was hurt. When they took the helicopter apart, they found pieces of the quad in the oil cooler so part of it was sucked into the engine. All I can think was I hope the dumbass flying the quad wasn't an AMA member. Gladly the officials have a very good idea who was flying the quad so hopefully they will put him under the jail.