• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah I used the fine tooth zona saw.
To be exact this is the one I have and I used the blade that’s really tall.

Zona 35-140 4-in-1 Saw Set with Four Interchangable Blades, 36-555, 36-050, 36-458, 36-408 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EROWJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_o2PiAbJKRYY4H
Cool... thanks. I think that is what I have.
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Getting there slowly cut the air cooling hole and made up a deflector. Glued it in and cleaned up the inner radius. Will Let it dry and then sand it clean and just paint it with some thinned epoxy. I was going to add some Fiberglas cloth but just do not think it is necessary all it has to do is deflect the air over the hole.
I know the exhaust ports are not round and it is a long story but they had to be that shape to get the cowl on. Not happy about it but it is what it is.
22620B3B-130C-411B-BCE5-CAED52E4C462.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Still working on the cowl making holes and fitting stuff and making clearance holes for the spark plugs. You know over time there are certain parts of a build that are very enjoyable but I do know that I do not like fitting cowls and making holes for things that needs to clear the cowl. Taking the cowl on and off a hundred times is a pain in the you know what. But it needs to be done.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All these work shop projects is making me jealous. So I decided I better add to them. LOL. I accomplished a couple of things tonight after work. First the baby Yak-ster's tail gear just seemed way too small for my liking. So off to my handy hidden away stock of goodies. I located another slightly larger with a deeper drop cf leaf for the tail gear. Attached the hard ware, drilled one hole and boom. Done. It should give the baby yak about another inch of clearance in the rear. Because everyone knows how much I love to drag my ....umm, my....Rudder! Yeah, that is it.
:fist_pump:
20171202_203546.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I did get one other thing done tonight. That silly pilot bust I bought for the SD Yak arrived and it isn't going to install itself. Guess I best get him seated in and strapped down. I made sure I installed him with the thought in mind of maybe having to take him out at some point. He even matches the covering pretty well too. I ordered instrument decals. But they won't be here for about three weeks. So until then, He can fly by the seat of his pants. Oh wait a minute, He has not pants. Just shoulders and head. LOL
20171202_205601.jpg 20171202_205624.jpg 20171202_205707.jpg 20171202_205945.jpg