• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not exactly my workshop, but helped someone make more space in theirs. Kimball-Somenzini Python will be at my place sometime soon.

View attachment 103709

Man!......That shop! That floor! Those Planes!.......
Cuz ya's gotz Cheesieburger vent airfreshners....right?:spongebob:

Sumptin like that :wink:.............Ain't easy bein cheesy........

tumblr_nhy39b7g8F1tue1eio1_500.gif

WMcNabb

150cc
Don’t if you know the gentleman that you bought the biplane from but it would be interesting to know how he did that floor it looks great.

From the gentleman...
“It's a product from Sherwin Williams called tile clad, the toughest finish I've seen. Rolled on, then splatters of paint, then clearcoated.”

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Finished the other wing! Turned out better than I anticipated.
Looked over the fuselage, found a wheel axel I had lying around to swap out the bent one. Gear looks good! Patched a couple stick holes in the Ultracote that didn’t hit any structure thank goodness.
LH elevator servo support glue joint failed, re glued it in place... I feel like the servo supports in the tail on extreme flight planes are pretty sub par to begin with I’ve noticed, they could improve that area in my opinion.
Although obviously my situation is different with this plane.
LH elevator tie down ply bracket were de bonding, so re glued those in place.
All I have left is to drill and balance a prop and fix a cowl some how.... at least oil proof it. I’ve never had much luck repairing a factory cowl. Any tips would be appreciated.
c86e206dca9f2076a3417481151426d3.jpg

7882ac9545798d4e6015421da89dc5f2.jpg

aaa6949e242d6843fdcbf7ae1a5e00af.jpg

d871be7101f5b59457b02411b5f2c0a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well, today has been a random job day. I recently stiffened the pushrods in my King Kobra which really added some weight to the tail. So I was able to take some lead out of the tail today to fix that issue.

Next, I had a bent shaft on one of my quad motors. So I replaced that motor so there aren’t any more unneeded vibrations.

My P-47 had one landing gear cutout in the wing that was catching one side as the gear transited. So I took a hobby knife to that part of the sheeting so that will no longer be an issue.

I hope to replace the tubing in my ARS gas tank today along with tightening up the belt on the engine for my Goblin helicopter. Then all my RC stuff should be up to 100% :)

King Kobra? We need photos. Love that plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Finished the other wing! Turned out better than I anticipated.
Looked over the fuselage, found a wheel axel I had lying around to swap out the bent one. Gear looks good! Patched a couple stick holes in the Ultracote that didn’t hit any structure thank goodness.
LH elevator servo support glue joint failed, re glued it in place... I feel like the servo supports in the tail on extreme flight planes are pretty sub par to begin with I’ve noticed, they could improve that area in my opinion.
Although obviously my situation is different with this plane.
LH elevator tie down ply bracket were de bonding, so re glued those in place.
All I have left is to drill and balance a prop and fix a cowl some how.... at least oil proof it. I’ve never had much luck repairing a factory cowl. Any tips would be appreciated.
c86e206dca9f2076a3417481151426d3.jpg

7882ac9545798d4e6015421da89dc5f2.jpg

aaa6949e242d6843fdcbf7ae1a5e00af.jpg

d871be7101f5b59457b02411b5f2c0a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just order a new one by the time it is fixed and you purchased all the matching paint the cost will be very close. If the cowl is available just order a new one that is what I would do.