• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
What is a club meeting for? We have 300 or 350 members and do not have club meetings. 5 or 6 years ago 2 members got kicked out of the club (back in the 72 megahertz days) for fighting over the obvious. Other than that I have never heard of an issue at our club.
How do you guys plan out events and such?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Last night I installed new servo arms on my Goblin 570. The ones that were on it were too short, cut way to close to the ball, and the ball was tightened so much it crushed the plastic arm. After that I went through the setup on the Microbeast FBL controller. If I had the right size 5000-5300mah 6S batteries it would be pretty much ready to fly.

20150807_230406_LLS_resized.jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
Decided it was time to clear out several airplanes which could be of use to someone else.

Heard about a swap meet coming up where proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Definitely will look into this.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Made a little progress on the Crack Laser today between honey do's and family time. With any luck I'll have it finished up tomorrow.

Then it's on to the next build! Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I moved a small engine I received recently down to my build room last night. Stood there wondering when I would get back to building them closed the door. A couple of arfs in my garage need finishing as well. Someday.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How do you guys plan out events and such?
We have the typical group of guys running the club (president, vice, treasurer, etc) and sub groups for the big events. We have war bird weekends, (3500 spectators sometimes), imac events, family days, memorial flyins, etc that all get scheduled by volunteers. But no monthly meetings, it has been a policy there for many years.

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Carden 30% Cap232 pretty much RTF. Picked it up in a trade with @wecoyote Still need to final balance it but other than that it's ready to go. Initial check of the balance shows without my flight batteries in its slightly tail heavy but I expected that. I'm running a dle 55 whereas tom was running a evo58 which is much heavier. What I found the evo is 64oz without ignition and muffler and the dle is 53.9 with ignition and muffler so figure once you bolt those items on and the slightly larger prop the evo could turn I prolly knocked 12oz off the nose. If all else fails and I need more wieght up front I will be moving the rudder servo forward and turning it into a pull pull setup over the push pull it has now.
Will try to get a weight of the plane this afternoon once I wake up from my nap.