• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Still deciding if I am going to get all the parts I would need and custom paint them or just get a complete new one. The cost of all the parts needed is about 360.00. A new one right now is 425.00 plus free shipping. Leaning towards a new one.
No question get the new one then you will a bunch of parts to keep it in the air. And you must know if have all the spare parts you will never need them.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well put a little colour on the stabilizer similar to the wings. Doesn’t look to bad? It was difficult to keep the tiny bubbles to a minimum even when I was keep the iron to less than 200 degrees.

0B9FE988-D757-4B1C-9779-9F2A2F686ECF.jpeg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the Cap torn completely down and everything I'm going to keep On the left and the heap on the right to the garbage. I kept the Aluminum landing gear. I think I can get it bent back to like new. Power system and flight control system checked out fine. The one servo missing its servo arm screw was the culprit (elevator) :mad:. All other servo screws were nice and tight o_O.

GOPR0361.JPG
GOPR0366.JPG

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Started the "Recovery" process on my Cap232EX :ugh:. At least all the power system components and flight control components were unscathed. The elevator servo arm came off when the screw backed out just as I was powering up in a dive to do a parachute. Really caught me off guard and I did not throttle back :ooh?:. Sounded just like a balsa plane on impact. OUCH! I will definitely be getting another one :). I've been getting over 10 minute 3D flights with it on a 5000mah 6S. My new Jet going to have to wait :(.

View attachment 107666 View attachment 107667 View attachment 107668 View attachment 107669
Dang Kelly, sorry to see that. Now where is that "Dislike" button? . . . . . . :oops:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Dang Kelly, sorry to see that. Now where is that "Dislike" button? . . . . . . :oops:.

Thanks David. I'm a bit disappointed but not like if was a 35center. I really like the plane.

Even with keeping what parts are still good it is a very expensive repair (over 300). So a new one is what I will get when the time is right.
For now I really need to get busy on the Pilot Extra 330SC.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks David. I'm a bit disappointed but not like if was a 35center. I really like the plane.

Even with keeping what parts are still good it is a very expensive repair (over 300). So a new one is what I will get when the time is right.
For now I really need to get busy on the Pilot Extra 330SC.

How often do you buy the same plane if and when you total one. I have never bought the same plane twice. I have often thought about it but never have always want to try something thing new. Now I must say I have several 3D planes but not the same size.