• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
How often do you buy the same plane if and when you total one. I have never bought the same plane twice. I have often thought about it but never have always want to try something thing new. Now I must say I have several 3D planes but not the same size.
I've bought the same plane a few times over. The original Fancy Foam MX2 I've probably had 4 or 5 of those over the years. And I've bought numerous duplicates of various Twisted Hobbies Crack Series planes over the years.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
What size Pilot Extra did you get?

It is the V3 78". This is the airframe that started out as a 12S electric (was a lead sled at 16.5 pounds) and I converted it back to a 50cc gasser at 15.25 pounds. I found some pics in this thread. Began flying it about 3 years ago. Now that my Alien Extra sports a DJ72 (Had the rebuilt DL50 in it prior) The DL50 is going back where it belongs :).

This is an old pic before the engine was rebuilt and the fuse broke in half...…

0528172339-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
How often do you buy the same plane if and when you total one. I have never bought the same plane twice. I have often thought about it but never have always want to try something thing new. Now I must say I have several 3D planes but not the same size.

Plane flies so well and it's a CAP :). Have not seen anything else I like other than a 60 class built up electric from EF. The foam is more durable for those :oops: a daisies to boot. Ask me how I know this....:laughing:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have only totaled one, a Great Planes Ultimate, had a new one the following weekend and still have it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have only totaled one, a Great Planes Ultimate, had a new one the following weekend and still have it.
You have only totaled one plane, if the rest of you guys are the same I am never going to admit how many i have driven into the ground. My first year after I got my wings was an interesting period.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do not know we’re to put this question so I decided that this location was as good as any.
The Tariffs the Trump has put on China goods includes most of our RC stuff. My question is let’s take Futaba as an example. The company is Japanese but have there goods manufacturing in China will these goods be taxed. Now if it is moved for example to Vietnam will it then be tax free.