• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Fred Carrado Jr.

New to GSN!
Fredgn.jpg

I am not a "Ford" guy. But that is a nice Stang !

Here is a picture of my distraction from my J-tec project

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thought I was done with the building part of the ViperSt. You know what it like the the gap between the spinner and cowl is not just right. Not quite parallel. And every time you walk by it you look at it. Well it got to me redoing the fit and gap. 2 days later and a lot of work it is done. Ok I think I am ready to cover the plane something I am not good at.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I'm going through about the same thing ! I shoehorned in a DA-100 in this old Cap that had GT-80 in it & the cowl won't line up to get the propshaft centered .
I think I have to shave some off the cowl & try to get it to match up.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thought I was done with the building part of the ViperSt. You know what it like the the gap between the spinner and cowl is not just right. Not quite parallel. And every time you walk by it you look at it. Well it got to me redoing the fit and gap. 2 days later and a lot of work it is done. Ok I think I am ready to cover the plane something I am not good at.

Firewall was correct, cowl did not end up with the full 2 degrees. If you adjusted the thrust angle you may have a few issues.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Then never buy the Hangar 9 Extra 300. They built zero thrust into the cowl and over two into the firewall. I have a massive gap in one side and it's nearly dragging on the other.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Firewall was correct, cowl did not end up with the full 2 degrees. If you adjusted the thrust angle you may have a few issues.

Never touched the the firewall left as is just add a 1/8 balsa spacer to the front of the cowl and then sanded it down to match the spinner and then did some body filling to get nice smooth transition from the cowl to the balsa shim. I can post a picture if you would like to see the end result.
@Jetpainter mine was not that bad just me wanting it to be perfect, and if you are building the plane yourself the cowl is not painted so you take the time to get it right, you have to paint the cowl anyway.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Never touched the the firewall left as is just add a 1/8 balsa spacer to the front of the cowl and then sanded it down to match the spinner and then did some body filling to get nice smooth transition from the cowl to the balsa shim. I can post a picture if you would like to see the end result.

Interesting, I guess I must have used smaller engine stand-offs to get the same effect on the DLE111 DLE120 and DA100L's in mine. Either way glad to hear your finally getting it wrapped up.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1412.JPG
Well got the air ducting in for the engine and done. Man I would not like to do it for a twin that does not have a split cowl, that would make it difficult. Used 4mm EPP foam and a hot glue gun it worked ok but will in the future will try some other way.