• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Throttle servo?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I pretty much stick to a Hitec 7954/55 and lately I've been buying Savox 1257's for throttle and loving them!! Ti gears, super fast and plenty of torque.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
So, you don't need torque, or speed, but you have plenty of both :)
What is needed is piece of mind beyond all things. Speed and torque are good to have and an overkill maybe, but certainly not inadequate. No failures mean happy safe flying where equipment is concerned. Precision to boot!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The fact that you pay roughly $1200 for a 35% wood arf, at least $800-$1200 on a motor $200-$600 on exhaust and anywhere between $1000- $1800 on servos depending, a $100 servo is cheap.
I call it a $40.00 (HS5665) insurance policy. May never need it, but I know it is in place.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I have yet to see it on my 5665's, but some people have been having issues with spectrum RX's and the 5665. I suspect its due to improper setup, but Hitec confirmed that the motor is a 3 pole, not a coreless so it is not as efficient. That is why its cheaper but still HV/steel geared. I have had one in my 40%er for nearly 4 years without a hiccup though (minus this summer where it has been deadlined due to a tailslide 5 feet from the ground :)) The gears stripped out when the servo was ripped from its mount though.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I think the throttle is a good place for overkill. 7955s on All my birds! Especially for 3d where throttle management is what keeps them from crashing when you are only inches from the ground!

Tankd

30cc
I also use the 7955 servo for the throttle.. Don't have to regulate so its all good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I also like overkill on my throttles. I use the Hitec coreless MG 7985. 172 oz. A long time ago I had a 5625 mini digital fail on me on a giant scale plane and I went overkill ever since. Funny how real experiences will make you a believer.

Last edited: