• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Tom's P-47 and Fokker D-VII update thread

Tseres

150cc
Super08;8220 wrote: Tom are you getting your email notifications of posts? I stopped getting them last night.

I didn't get any notifications either. They will probably have it fixed by tomorrow.

Super08

70cc twin V2
I found my problem. Just after 6:30 last night my email provider started to delete all the email from GSN thinking it was spam. I went online to their server and changed my settings and now I am getting the emails again. I think it was getting marked as spam because of the word news in the title.

Tseres

150cc
Just realized that I promissed some pictures from the Hoosier Dawn Patrol.

Sorry to let you down but I got sick and ended up staying home the whole weekend. Don't have anything to share.

Super08

70cc twin V2
That's fine Tom. We have you instead and that us better than a picture. Mind you I do enjoy those shots of the old WW1 birds.

Tseres

150cc
Well Doug this should come as good news to you. I decided on my Stick Build project for the winter. Camel F1. I have the ZP-38 sitting in the box on the shelf so I had to find something for it. It has a side carb and a rear exhaust so it would fit into a round cowl well. Saw an Add where BUSA came out with a new F1 kit. But didn't know if I wanted an olive drab plane again.

http://shop.balsausa.com/product_p/401.htm

Did some research and found RNAS 10 Squadron. Mostly populated by Canadians. Liked the red and white stripes. All that together made my decision for me. I'll be doing the build thread here and on FC. Don't want to neglect any of my friends.:encouragement:

http://www.iart7.com/WARBIRDS/gallery11d.html

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Wow Tom that will be cool. I have a set of plans for a 1/4 scale Camel that I wanted to build one day. 1 piece 7 foot wings would be hard to transport. I always figured I would modify it some how for 2 piece.

Having said that I put this on my work bench last night.

12103=5405-GEDC0537.jpg
12103=5405-GEDC0537.jpg

12103=5406-GEDC0538.jpg
12103=5406-GEDC0538.jpg

Super08

70cc twin V2
Tseres;12091 wrote: Well Doug this should come as good news to you. I decided on my Stick Build project for the winter. Camel F1. I have the ZP-38 sitting in the box on the shelf so I had to find something for it. It has a side carb and a rear exhaust so it would fit into a round cowl well. Saw an Add where BUSA came out with a new F1 kit. But didn't know if I wanted an olive drab plane again.

http://shop.balsausa.com/product_p/401.htm

Did some research and found RNAS 10 Squadron. Mostly populated by Canadians. Liked the red and white stripes. All that together made my decision for me. I'll be doing the build thread here and on FC. Don't want to neglect any of my friends.:encouragement:

http://www.iart7.com/WARBIRDS/gallery11d.html

Nice, I like Camels.

Tseres

150cc
thepamster;12103 wrote: Wow Tom that will be cool. I have a set of plans for a 1/4 scale Camel that I wanted to build one day. 1 piece 7 foot wings would be hard to transport. I always figured I would modify it some how for 2 piece.

Having said that I put this on my work bench last night.

12103=5405-GEDC0537.jpg
12103=5405-GEDC0537.jpg

12103=5406-GEDC0538.jpg
12103=5406-GEDC0538.jpg

That would be great. I love PT-17s.

Tseres

150cc
Super08;12112 wrote: Nice, I like Camels.

It's harder then #3!! to pick a stick build in this age. There are a lot still around but it has to fit a plann. It has to be complicated enough to take a while to build. (that depends on Skill Level. Then you have to consider transportation. The biggest thing in Biplanes for me is that it has to be uneque enough for me to struggle at the field with assembly. I decided years ago when I dropped a screw in the grass that it has to be esy to assemble at the field. Biplanes aren't, so the next best thing to do is to have a screw kit with you for the plane that youre taking out to the field. So now you know why I don't like biplanes except when they are already assembled. LOL.

This should be a fun build.