• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Too old to "HUCK"?

Yep. I'm approaching 54 this year and my learning curb is straight up when it comes to 3d but I enjoy flying my foamy 3d and starting to try to incorporate in my gassers, long way to go and I need to get to the field more to do this, but I enjoy trying still. We have an older gentleman named Tony that fly's at our club and he Hucks the s:steamer:t out of his birds. Hope to be half as good as him someday.:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

Great thread. I'm glad you didn't let that individual bother you with his lame comment. I'm with everybody else here, if you're enjoying what you're doing, keep doing it. Hell, I don't know how to fly 3D and I just turned 53, but I STILL want to learn to do what allot of you are making look so easy (even though I know it's not).

I think I hear your "Baby" calling you because she wants to go fly. . . . . . . :yesss:
Thank you David. I will never let others people's rude comments stop me from doing what my heart desires. Hell, I've been working really hard at 3D but I just have fun at it. Maybe I should have told him he's too old to be outside. Lol. Oh well. And yes, my baby is indeed needing an outing. Nose straight up so she can strut her stuff... 260 style.

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
"Old Guys Rule!" ....at least that what my shirt says :confused:. I'll be 62 in Dec and I "Suck Huck" but still have fun with it.

Funny, I can fly (and love) precision stuff all day long and not get nervous....but throw in a few low hovers and such and bam, my heart rate jumps way up.

Last edited:

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I am 51 (52 in a few weeks) and I have a great time trying to learn 3D. I can do it great with little electrics and working to my gassers. I have a couple 120cc planes and I can see them better!

Never let anyone rain on your parade, if you are having fun and being safe then they are just jealous. Those types will always be there no matter what hobby you are participating in.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After reading the responses of this thread, it is quite obvious....we're all a bunch of old farts hucking our "depends" off. LOL. I really think there needs to be a "TOO OLD TO HUCK" Huckfest some where. Grand prize for the best "Geezer" hucker would be to have "ALL" the young whiper snappers bring us cold beers after the event.
All you guys are just awesome.