• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
20141017_161651_resized.jpg20141017_161449_resized.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
Glued the upper fuselage sides to the main fuselage with CA and waiting to set. I have to wet the sides to form them to the frame so I want the CA to set good. Make sure the rears are even.20141020_202828_resized.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
I glued the plastic inserts in with CA but am wondering if there is a better glue to use on the plastic parts? I still have the cowling and the canopy to glue.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Canopy glue should work, I think. If not wood glue. Epoxy always works. Maybe you could put some extra ply square on the backside as a tab and use 2 or 3 screws as backup.

Curious. Why you chose not to paint them first? Are you choosing them to be gray, olive drab, or blend with your cs?

Man am I jealous of how much time you get for building.

Charles

70cc twin V2
I am 70 and semi retired and all the kids are grown so I have as much time as I want. I had back surgery in feb and a blood clot in my leg in march so I cant ride a bike 15 miles a day as had been doing and on blood thiners so not much else to do other than stuf that i can do sitting down since i cant do projects like the one pictured in my avitar.

Last edited by a moderator: