• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Top Flite P-40 Build Thread

Charles

70cc twin V2
20141201_124143_resized.jpgWaiting on the tailwheel for the P-40 so brought tis ARF over wrom the warehouse where it has been stores for the last 10 years and put it together will finish it before the parts get here. Im going to power it with a Fitzpatrick .61 that is a bueatiful and rare motor since it will be shown off
we were rumaging around over there and found a partially built ME109 anso that i forgot i had.20141130_173520_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles

70cc twin V2
I should have the tailwheel retract in by next week and can continue with the P-40 but this has been a good break It is always not to get burnt out on one plane. I also helped a friend repair a Hobbico electric trained he bought the had been wrecked many times and badly repaired.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
nice work. Are you going to leave the wheel wells open to the ribs like that or are you going to build a wall in the wheel well? I'm leaning towards building the wall to help fuel proof the area as well as add some strength.

Charles

70cc twin V2
Got the retract and air cylinder today for the tailwheel on the P-40 so time to get the yellow 3D plane out of the way and get back to work on it.

Charles

70cc twin V2
I got the tailwheel installed and then I think i am going to install an extra servo just to operate with a pull pull cable system so when it is up it will put enough slack in the cables to make it inoperatable and then Y the servo to the rudder servo. 2015-01-03 23.33.34.jpg2015-01-03 23.34.19.jpg2015-01-03 23.34.00.jpg

Charles

70cc twin V2
Well I missed the projected date of Jan 1 but hope to finish it by summer. I am incorperating a lot of stuff like all retracts and RCV 91 and going to have to make a custom motor mount for that.

Charles

70cc twin V2
You are right. After working with robart I am definately not impressed and the construction of their products is really junk especially for the amount they charge.