• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got it unboxed. It is huge for a 26center.

1115161602-00.jpg
1115162134-00.jpg
1115162134-01.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
For the past several months, maybe over a year, I have been dealing with other life issues and RC has taken a big "back burner" in my life. I have however been working on the extra slowly and actually flew it as a 12s a couple of times with the i10 for guidance and Aura 8 for stabilization. I thought the radio had its first issue by going in to a "lock out" but later discovered it was actually the Aura 8 going in to lock out due to excessive voltage drop of the lipo flight pack! The radio link was solid and I safely landed the plane and took it home for conversion back to gas. Since... I have sold the i10 to a drone pilot and now have the Horus x12s! Really looking forward to getting the radio in the plane and flying as a Gas Hole:pink_epic:. I revamped an old DL50 and stuck a canister on it to test the controls of the new Horus!

20160421_035758.jpg Horus-front.jpg 0125171539-00.jpg 0125171425-01.jpg 0129171640-00.jpg 0201171058-00.jpg

JoeT

50cc
Congrats on your purchase of the Horus. I was one of the Beta Testers, it's a fantastic unit. If you need any assistance, I'm happy to help.

I still have my Beta Unit and a 5th batch production unit.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
For the past several months, maybe over a year, I have been dealing with other life issues and RC has taken a big "back burner" in my life. I have however been working on the extra slowly and actually flew it as a 12s a couple of times with the i10 for guidance and Aura 8 for stabilization. I thought the radio had its first issue by going in to a "lock out" but later discovered it was actually the Aura 8 going in to lock out due to excessive voltage drop of the lipo flight pack! The radio link was solid and I safely landed the plane and took it home for conversion back to gas. Since... I have sold the i10 to a drone pilot and now have the Horus x12s! Really looking forward to getting the radio in the plane and flying as a Gas Hole:pink_epic:. I revamped an old DL50 and stuck a canister on it to test the controls of the new Horus!

View attachment 93413 View attachment 93414 View attachment 93415 View attachment 93416 View attachment 93417 View attachment 93418
That looks a lot different and it does look good will following this closely because I am in the market for a radio. Can this radio drive spectrum receivers.
Plane looks good and it looks like the canister install was a breeze. Hoes canister did you use.

JoeT

50cc
Yes it can, there is a module bay in the back of the radio that accepts any kind of JR Format Module, so all you'd need is a Spektrum DSM or DSMX module of any flavor.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Dimes, are you planning on flying the Horus with FRos or are you going to openTX?
For now I will use the FrSky os with the DX8II telemetry receiver. The 8/16channel S Bus version was not in stock but plan to use S Bus mode with the Aura8.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
For the past several months, maybe over a year, I have been dealing with other life issues and RC has taken a big "back burner" in my life.

View attachment 93413 View attachment 93414 View attachment 93415 View attachment 93416 View attachment 93417 View attachment 93418

Hello Kelly,

How are you doing, Buddy? I certainly can sympathize with you regarding life getting in the way of us having fun, as I have not touched an airplane in months. . . . .:cryin:. I hope things get calmer and settle down for both of us.

I have read allot of good thing about the Horus transmitter. I hope you have good luck with it. :yesss:

Take care, my friend and don't be such a stranger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry to be a bother, if I understand you correctly I can remove the module from the back of my JR 10x and plug it in to the Horus X12S. And fly all my aeroplanes with JR receivers.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That looks a lot different and it does look good will following this closely because I am in the market for a radio. Can this radio drive spectrum receivers.
Plane looks good and it looks like the canister install was a breeze. Hoes canister did you use.

The canister is a China made unit and cost 55 bucks and comes with Teflon coupler and clamps. Found it on E-Bay. It is just like a Pro Flow but for much less.
@stangflyer turned me on to these. Works great with 50/60cc motors. HK also has them but cost a little more. You can find better deals on E-Bay or Amazon. It shipped direct from China and was at my door in 4 days! Shipping was included in the 55 dollar price! The DL 50 and canister fit perfect in the Pilot 78" Extra 330sc.
0127171032-00.jpg 0127171033-00.jpg 0127171034-00.jpg 0127171035-00.jpg