• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
ooh. I missed the 10c part. You've got some cool stuff going on. That 5 # is very light! I haven't weighed mine.... Regardless, it is one heck of a flyer! 16x8 the way to go? Better punch out of a hover than the 15x7? Are you seeing much temp differences between the two props?

A little bit higher. With the 15x7 carbon I was getting barely 1000watts. The 16x8 1300watts. Motor is good for 1800watts so there is head room left and surprisingly everything runs pretty cool (95-100 degrees) in the hot weather! With the 90c packs power is incredible with the 16x8. Also smooth as silk when you want it to be for "dialed in " hovering. With the 3300 packs plane weighs 6lb 2oz. 6lb 4oz with the two series 5200's. I want to try Turnigy's new "Graphine" lipo chemistry packs. They use the new carbon graphite film technology and are supposed to have better punch than the nano-tech's and are a bit lighter and smaller compared to same capacity nano-tech's

Alky6

150cc
Whoa! only a 2 oz difference on the packs...Gotta love technology and the ever changing advancements! As always, I look forward to your upcoming reviews on the battery packs! Thanks for the info!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok I got a nice radio case for the i10. But even better I got the Aura 8 to work with the i10 like Futabas Sbus!:).
Set your transmitter up like directed. Go to the receiver set up menu and check the box marked PPM. That's it!
You simply plug a male to male connector from the channel 1 port on the i10 receiver to the B port of the Aura 8!
I used the Aura tool to set the Aura up for 3D with 2 ail servos, 2 elev servos and 1 rudder servo. All servos travel as they should because the Aura does it automatically!:).
20160807_234254.jpg
20160807_234251.jpg
20160807_233815.jpg
20160807_233833.jpg
20160807_233942.jpg
20160807_233322.jpg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Had some trouble with the servos in the 330sc so more than likely it will be fall before I can give a flight report with a big gasser and this radio. I have directed my attention back to the electrics and will have an EF 64" MXS ready to go shortly with the radio and an Aura 8 .

View attachment 83636 View attachment 83637 View attachment 83638 View attachment 83639 View attachment 83640 View attachment 83641 View attachment 83642

The Turnigy SK3 5055 is a powerfully smooth motor and turns the 15 x 7 carbon to "Beast Mode" quite nicely with out even breaking a sweat :). This project is SOOOOOO Mo Betta Than that CHEAP HK Plane:epic:.

Any progress with the gasser?

Did you get any flights in before the servo issues? What range are you flying with the i10 TX/RX setup?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Any progress with the gasser?

Did you get any flights in before the servo issues? What range are you flying with the i10 TX/RX setup?

Been away for a bit with life issues so sorry for responding late. Future responses may take a bit as well but eventually I will get to them.

YES! My Extra 330 SC is ready with the HB 50 Servos and Aura 8 being supplied with a ppm stream (like s-bus) from the i10. Plane to fly in the next couple of weeks.

I did fly this radio on a small profile gasser (dle20cc) with great success. The RF link is very robust. Flew it almost out of sight both high up and far out.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok the Extra 330 SC w/DA70 performed quite well with the i10 and telemetry showed both cylinder temps at 192 and 196 degrees respectively on a 82 degree day during extended harrier flight and hovering. It has been about a month ago and the plane and engine have now been sold. Future plans are a 26% Hamilton Edge 540 on a 12s set up with the i10. The only negative and irritating thing I have to say with my i10 is the elevator pot was way out of calibration with the software and I think a new right gimbal may be in order. Once 85% subtrim is added to the elevator it zeros on the servo test. Other than that I have no complaints about the functionality of this system. Just a note.....The Aura tool was most helpful in recognizing a transmitter issue with stick centering.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
A new home just showed up today for the i10. 78" Pilot Extra 330sc..... 12s, 150amp opto sc, SK3 6574-192kv mtr and Falcon 20x10 carbon electric. When I saw the size of the boxes, 40cc twin or that xyz 50cc twin, gas power popped in to me head. Must be the gas fumes left on my brain:laughing:.
1115161245-00.jpg
th.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A new home just showed up today for the i10. 78" Pilot Extra 330sc..... 12s, 150amp opto sc, SK3 6574-192kv mtr and Falcon 20x10 carbon electric. When I saw the size of the boxes, 40cc twin or that xyz 50cc twin, gas power popped in to me head. Must be the gas fumes left on my brain:laughing:.View attachment 91508 View attachment 91509
Gas fumes in your beain? Hmmm interesting. Mine emminate from a completely different location. Most generally expelled from the extremely high pressure generated due to the highly noxious and dangerously explosive mixture that creates them. Tennessee Bourbon Whiskey and southern baked beans!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Gas fumes in your beain? Hmmm interesting. Mine emminate from a completely different location. Most generally expelled from the extremely high pressure generated due to the highly noxious and dangerously explosive mixture that creates them. Tennessee Bourbon Whiskey and southern baked beans!!!
Dude,

That is WAY more information than any of us have ever needed. . . . . . . :spongebob: