• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

joshgluck

100cc
I like the Laser more. The Crack Yak mini does better in a slightly smaller space and responds better to aggressive flying. But the Laser is a lot more stable and precise even though it has a similar roll rate.

Can't go wrong with either!

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. Will the laser do well in moderate wind outdoors too?

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Neither of them are windy day airplanes, but it definitely doesn't have to be dead calm to fly them. I would say they are similar in the wind.

njswede

150cc
I haven't flown the Laser, but even the Mini Yak does OK in light winds outdoors. More than 5 mph with any of the TH foamies, and you'll be fighting the wind.

As for the Mini Yak, it's awesome BUT... I have to be honest and say it's a little too much for me at my skill level. It does everything really well, but it's SO incredibly snappy and maneuverable that I had to reduce the rates quite a bit to be able to handle it comfortably. In the hands of someone like Cody, I'm sure it's awesome. (Don't get me wrong, I love the plane and fly it almost daily, but as a 3D trainer type of foamie, it's not ideal).

joshgluck

100cc
Good to know. I had a 32 Crack Yak and loved it. Now I miss it and want a replacement... Choices choices.. #3dflyerproblems

hone

150cc
I've said it before but i have to say it again. This is my favorite foamy! I'm really loving this thing, it's absolutely amazing some of the moves and transitions that transfer so well to my balsa planes after learning them on the Laser. Excellent learning tool!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, my time has come! I'm the proud owner of a new Crack Laser. Got to fly it for about 10 flights or so in NJ at the FLI last weekend.
Thanks to NJSwede for letting me use his Tx, and thanks to Cody and Matt for letting me use their batteries.
Also, MANY thanks to Cody for the "build" help, as the plane flies perfect. Had a lot of fun flying knife edge and doing snaps. The KE elevators are simply awesome, essentially a straight drop down!
Right now, she's still in NJ, but hopefully my Laser will take a safe ride in a brown box soon, I'm already missing her!

Way to go TH, what a fun airplane!!