• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

hone

150cc
I haven't put the lights on yet but will probably do that this week. I have work the next 6 days straight so night flying will be a must.

I did get to fly some packs through the Laser this morning and it's definitely my new favorite foamy :bouncy:

I hope they make a mini version!

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey guys I am wondering about the servos you are using in your Cracks'. Can I just use a 65hb for the 9g? What about the 4g, it doesn't seem that many reputable brands carry a servo in this class, what brand do you all reccomend? Can I use a 5g (in place of a 4g) in this plane?

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Yes, a 65HB is a fine aileron servo. The Twisted CS40D's work great on the tail, but if you want to go with a name brand, Hitec 5035's are also a great choice.

hone

150cc
The servos that come with the power combo have been great for me. I've been beating them up pretty bad and they're holding up great.

3dbandit

100cc
Hey guys, Nice thread you guys have going here.

Any way.

The other day I finally found the life span of the crack laser; 985 flight, yes I said 985 flights. :crying:

I was flying over my front yard and towards what should have been the end of the flight I decided to do a high speed snap turn in between a tree and a stop sign to end the flight with a bang. Well I did the snap turn and the snap was not as expected, instead of the snap maneuver the plane itself snapped. Off came the right stab and elevator along with the elevator control horn. I was so surprised that i forgot to get off the throttle: the laser hit the tree spun around it and then hit the stop sign.

When I assessed the damage I found both wings were about half way torn off, the front half of the plane was broken in several places, and the fuselage was snapped in half.

I got the laser kinda glued back together, it is a crunchy brick now and it has a very potent odor from all the glue.

I remaidened it at 11:00 PM in the front yard, it flew very heavy. I did a snap to hover and it didn't have enough power to punch out so it flopped onto the floor.

On the plus side it carries more energy now...

;)

3dbandit

100cc
you already have almost 1000 flight on the crack laser?

Yes, I was sick(out of school) for a whole week and flew it 60 times a day for 6 day plus night flying.

Also i fly it a around of 30 times a day and 15-25 times a night.

I have only had the laser 3.5 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

Yes, I was sick(out of school) for a whole week and flew it 60 times a day for 6 day plus night flying.

Also i fly it a around of 30 times a day and 15-25 times a night.

I have only had the laser 3.5 weeks.

that's freakin awesome!!!! i like guys like you, helps keep Renea off my back for when she says i fly all the time. i can say "look at this guy he flys 60 times a day" :D