• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

wedoitall

gotta run 10 more packs this evening, including a couple after dark..... YEA! *fist pumps have i mentioned how much i love my TH edge?

have a couple of questions.
1. what do you do in a hover when you get start wing rock? do i pull out and start over or is there something i can do to correct? the controls are very sensitive when this happens on my plane
2. whats the easiest way to start a flat spin? not quite sure on how to do it. i could do some ugly ones this eveing. seemed like i had trouble getting it started and ending. was decent in the middle portion of the spin.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
When learning to hover and rolling harriers, I set up a low rate with between half and 3/4 throw to slow down movements and prevent over correcting on this touchy plane. While I usually fly in high rates, the low rates switch will help stabilize while you learn.

wedoitall

i tried low rates a couple of times the other day. seemed like i had a harder time with it. but im gonna try again tomorrow, just on low rates and look at the throws between half and 3/4. i measured(if i remember right) high at 40 degree angle med. rate 30 and low at about 20. when i get the "sweet spot" on throttle i can hold them pretty decent. today, out of, id say 50 or so attempts to hover it wing rocked on me 8 or 10 times pretty bad.

aight say im hovering and the plane is wanting to pull to the right or left some. i usually correct with rudder(sometimes with alil aeliron if shes trying to roll) and blip throttle up just alil . is that the right way?

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Sounds like you are on the right path, you'll get the hang of it with the crack! Just takes some practice! Blipping the throttle does help me though.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Make sure you check your balance inverted, I was very tail heavy when I started and it really hurt the performance. Trim at 3/4 throttle, then when level, flip inverted and the plane should slowly descend. If it stays straight, that is a good neutral balance and will work as well. If it climbs, move the pack forward and try again.

wedoitall

yea i had a few cg problems first 2 sessions .....i was using a great planes cg machine and i guess the TH was too light for it to balance correctly. after i went with some pencils in a 2x4 block havent really had problems. i did cut my hole for my lipos alil bigger so i could play with cg somewhat but i think i have it there. i have her pretty much straight when inverted. isnt there a way to tweak cg even further in KE? it seems to track pretty decent in KE but i want better than decent hehe

Santi8

70cc twin V2
With a foam plane like this, KE mixing is a bit of a waste. If you are having issues with ke, your balance is probably still off. Make sure you are trimmed perfectly at 3/4 throttle, then flip over, you may be surprised how far up your pack will go. I used Velcro until I had the cg right. Don't use any machine, just feel it out inverted. Inverted and ke will tell you a lot about your balance assuming everything else is set up properly.

wedoitall

thanks man. my ke seemed fine today one time i made 6 circles around the field, seemed to track pretty straight. this plane makes me look like a better pilot than i am. lol

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Here's a teaser video of the Crack Yak Mini!

[video=youtube;laYZoA9Ha0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laYZoA9Ha0U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: