• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I want one!!!! This will be my next purchase for shure. I wonder what electronics were used in that video? can you at least let us know that or is it secret?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I just can't wait to order one. Been waiting for this one for flinging around the loading dock and cafeteria at work.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I want one!!!! This will be my next purchase for shure. I wonder what electronics were used in that video? can you at least let us know that or is it secret?

You're going to love it. It's my favorite Crack Yak and the plane I fly most often right now, especially indoors, besides the proto I am working on.

Anyway, we are running a Dualsky integrated motor and ESC (one unit for motor and ESC...very light and powerful). Servos will be Twisted Hobbys brand servos...a 4 gram on the ailerons and 3 grams on the tail (I am running 4 grams everywhere because when I built mine the 3 grams weren't yet available, so the production CYM's will be even lighter than what you see in the video). Battery is a 2S 250 but a 180 also works very well.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Working on another Crack project and I am really, really excited here...definitely my favorite foamie ever. If you like really high roll rates and great tracking even at low airspeeds you will love this one!

SnowDog

Working on another Crack project and I am really, really excited here...definitely my favorite foamie ever. If you like really high roll rates and great tracking even at low airspeeds you will love this one!

What wingspan will this airframe be?

I've been looking at the 32" Slick or the Pitts Bipe...maybe this one would be more exciting?

Details please! ;)

Santi8

70cc twin V2
What wingspan will this airframe be?

I've been looking at the 32" Slick or the Pitts Bipe...maybe this one would be more exciting?

Details please! ;)

Ignore my first post- Wrong plane! Sorry!

I would go original crack yak!

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
There was a very, very short video of it accidentally shared from the facebook page a week or so ago. Luckily that little leak has been patched up.

Let's just say that we are all extremely pleased with the performance of the Crack Yak Lite and the options that Lite construction opened up to us, and we wanted to take advantage of it with a different airframe that was designed around lower wing loadings.

I also have slightly different tastes than Chris J so I designed something that was more in line with my style.