• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I am surprised Luke is carrying these. I thought he was mainly stocking horizon hobby stuff lately. Luke is a great guy to do business with, and he usually has great prices on his stuff.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
He hosts an indoor fly Sunday mornings in Sharon PA when he's not at an event. They're very popular there.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
He hosts an indoor fly Sunday mornings in Sharon PA when he's not at an event. They're very popular there.

Sharon PA is too far away for me to attend, I use to attend his indoor fly ins when he had them in Cortland at farmer jims. But not that many people showed up so he quite doing it.

I just joined the Twisted club! I just ordered my first Twisted plane, an Extra Slick. I can't wait to get it after reading all the hype about these planes. This will be my first epp plane as well, I've only had depron foamies until now and am anxious to try this one! I also picked up some 2s and 3s Glaciers so I could try out both sizes. I believe this is exactly what I need to really progress my 3d abilities.

SnowDog

You will find this plane (or a similarly capable one) will greatly enhance your 3D skills. I do stuff with my foamies that I'm too scared (yet) to attempt with my bigger planes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just joined the Twisted club! I just ordered my first Twisted plane, an Extra Slick. I can't wait to get it after reading all the hype about these planes. This will be my first epp plane as well, I've only had depron foamies until now and am anxious to try this one! I also picked up some 2s and 3s Glaciers so I could try out both sizes. I believe this is exactly what I need to really progress my 3d abilities.

congrats! great plane, great batteries! You won't be dissapointed!

Thank You all!

My 3d skills are in the basement now and I'm ready to level up! I want to be able to lock in hover and not chase it all the time like I do now. I can only hover for 5-10 secs before I get too far behind on my driving. :rolleyes: My field is an hour away and I can't get there to fly my 59 Slick like I need to, and even when I can I'm afraid to do too much with it, but I'll be able to throw this one up in the yard every day without fear of dumb thumbing it.

Now... where is that brown truck? :popcorn:

Btw, I am running Realflight G4.5 now, is it worth the extra money to upgrade to G6.5? I know there is a TH Crack Yak in there and all the online sessions are on it. I also have Phoenix that my wife bought me for Christmas, but I find myself flying RF as often or more than I do Phoenix.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I have the Extra Slick and i love it. I fly mine in front of the house with a LED kit most of the time.

Right now i'm building an ancient TH plane. It's a 39'' Yak 54. I'm guessing it was replaced with the 39'' Yak 55 because the 54 isn't on the site. My buddy said it's been in his garage for years. I knocked out most of the build, just need to install the electronics.