• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ultimate Bipe Assembly

emtp275

100cc
I don't use any foam on my planes for the Rx, I got suggestions some where about the new stuff getting hot with no airflow but Id bet that just stems from the first Futaba Rx's but It has worked so far just velcro hell thats all they give you to mount to a new smart fly basically its a weird plastic that works the same as Velcro

Nope, 2.4 receivers aren't as vibration sensitive as the old receivers were. I'd suggest just a piece of velcro to secure the receiver- plenty of vibration isnulation and lets it breathe in the event you're pushing current through it.
Sounds reasonable. There is definitely less air flow in this older design ultimate in the inside. I'll dump most of the foam and go with mostly velcro. :shake:

Finally got the cowl blocks glued in.:) Cross hatched the area on the firewall and back of the blocks and used 15 min epoxy. Should be permanent!

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 380