• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ultimate Bipe Assembly

What a "birds nest" of wires.:lol2: Wired the ignition cut off and realized that I did it backwards! Holy :steamer:!!!:cryin: Packed it in for the night and will approach it fresh tomorrow. So close yet so Far!:attaboy:

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 322

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Look's like you have some fun there CC! Got a DLE 55 on mine, will go vertical forever. The gear lasted the first summer but that was it, replaced with aluminum ones. I actually liked the tail wire attachments and loved the strut mount thumb screw, takes only a couple minutes to assemble. Other than reinforcing the firewall and replacing the gear legs and wheels, it is still stock after 4 or 5 years including the kit hinges and covering.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 345

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
What a "birds nest" of wires.:lol2: Wired the ignition cut off and realized that I did it backwards! Holy :steamer:!!!:cryin: Packed it in for the night and will approach it fresh tomorrow. So close yet so Far!:attaboy:
I see where you were talking bout that former around the tank area Bart, mine was not like that, must of been a change/upgrade. I'm gonna charge mine up for Sat., it's looking good right now. I'll let ya grab a few laps to get a fill for her, it's a great flyer, and you know I love mine, BUT it's not floater, and she will ball up faster than you can see. I liked to have gave her dirt nap bout month ago, was used to flying big floaty Flossy (Slick), took off and I was all over the place, thought my rates were all messed up, landed caught my breath, and remembered to slow my thumbs down. THen I gave her a good thrashing for scaring me

Well got a major part of the ultimate assembly done tonight, the wiring. As all you know that is probably the most important part of any assembly because without power, you aint flying, or worse, crashing! I like to use the plastic wire conduit to protect the wiring from any rub. Cable ties secure the conduit and Velcro for securing the receiver and ignition kill switch.
Just have the cowl to do, balance using the batteries and I'll be done. Hopefully the next picture will be the bird completed with a nice "glamor" shot.:way_to_go:

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 287

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Why the foam insulation? :oblong::p
Just old school, probably vibration isolation. I've got foam under most of mine, I don't have them completely wrapped, but I went different route on my newest assembly. I didn't use foam anywhere, not even on ignition. I saw that after I secured the rx, and igni. with foam, that the foam was so crushed that there really wasn't any need for it, so I directly mounted with velcro, and then used couple zip ties to secure it. SO far so good, but only 5 flights on that paticular airframe.

Just old school, probably vibration isolation. I've got foam under most of mine, I don't have them completely wrapped, but I went different route on my newest assembly. I didn't use foam anywhere, not even on ignition. I saw that after I secured the rx, and igni. with foam, that the foam was so crushed that there really wasn't any need for it, so I directly mounted with velcro, and then used couple zip ties to secure it. SO far so good, but only 5 flights on that paticular airframe.
Yep. Old school. But I don't nearly foam 2.4 like the old 72's. Probably on the edge I won't foam any thing. Old dog can learn new tricks. ;)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Nope, 2.4 receivers aren't as vibration sensitive as the old receivers were. I'd suggest just a piece of velcro to secure the receiver- plenty of vibration isnulation and lets it breathe in the event you're pushing current through it.