• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ultimate Bipe Assembly

Mines held up, well other than I lost the original wheel, but the set up, it still holding up well.
Well at least you had an original wheel! Could not find one in my box but luckily I had a spare.:woohoo!: Ping Pong left out a bunch of stuff when putting parts in the box. Luckily years of being in the hobby you accumulate alot of Junk, er, I mean spare parts.:LOL_gif:

Finally got the wires installed, tensioned and cut to length.:cool:

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 469
Test fit the cowl. Thinking of different options for securing the cowl to the fuse. The instructions are wood screws into blocks glued to the front inside fuse. The only issue with that design is the screws tend to back out of the wood due to vibration. @ChickenBalls has had an an issue with that. Found some 2/56 cap screws with blind nuts so I may go that route.

Attachments

• mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    mail.centurylink.net.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 236

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @combat chicken,

I'm sure you've heard this, but if you use a piece of fuel tubing as a washer behind your cowl screws, it will help keep the engine vibration from backing them out.

Hurry up and get that thing done. . . . . . . . . .:yesss:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Good looking plane, I wanted one in the biggest way when they were making them but I was just figuring out how to build a glow plane much less a "giant scale". Always liked the scheme on that plane.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Test fit the cowl. Thinking of different options for securing the cowl to the fuse. The instructions are wood screws into blocks glued to the front inside fuse. The only issue with that design is the screws tend to back out of the wood due to vibration. @ChickenBalls has had an an issue with that. Found some 2/56 cap screws with blind nuts so I may go that route.
Bart I think the blind nuts are a good idea, but honestly I think my screws backing out came from when the motor box was coming apart, and I flew it several flights until I noticed what was happening. Since I fixed it, or fixed at it, I ain't done a thing to it, other than give it a thrashing. I'm glad your about to finish yours up, so we can fly em together, before mine meets it's expiration date.